First Platinum Stories

TheVader66

It was 6 years ago. My friend had a sleep over at my house and we didn't use to play that much video games back then, we were very casual players. He brought that Terminator Salvation game and we decided to complete it on the highest difficulty settings. I remember to this day how happy we were once we obtained it hah. Ended up screaming and jumping around like fools hahah, great memory :platinum::highfive::dance:

• Like 1

It was 6 years ago. My friend had a sleep over at my house and we didn't use to play that much video games back then, we were very casual players. He brought that Terminator Salvation game and we decided to complete it on the highest difficulty settings. I remember to this day how happy we were once we obtained it hah. Ended up screaming and jumping around like fools hahah, great memory :platinum::highfive::dance:

I know that feeling to well. After I got my first platinum, I ran into my sister's room and told her I got a platinum because I just had to tell someone about it. It is such an amazing feeling getting your very first platinum trophy.

• 6 months later...
On 4/21/2016 at 10:10 AM, MattyEC said:

PlayStation: ALL STARS- Battle Royale

(Unfortunately, this platinum was on my OTHER account, llAkii, but I recently made this new account in december 2015 so I have a new 'first platinum', but this is technically my true first)

"How Did You Get The Game?"

Honestly, I got the game on my 16th birthday, 3 years ago. It was an absolutely terrible birthday, bad day, so much arguing and such, but that game made up for it. I'd been dreaming of getting that game for a while and I finally was aloud to get it. So I did. 

"How Did You Get The Platinum?"

Well, I actually played through the game without one bit of being tired. I'm a HUGE InFamous fan so I constantly played Cole. I'm a huge Bioshock fan, so Big Daddy was also my guy, I loved Nariko because I was a huge fan of Heavenly sword, Kratos from God of war, I loved ALL of those characters. I had such a deep love for so many that I just kept playing constantly until one day I was online and I eliminated 3 people with a level 1 on a x3 overtime, and bam, I got the platinum.

I was only 16 mind you, I never even dreamed of getting a platinum, and when I got that, wow, I was like a kid in a candy store.

My new 'first platinum' on this current account was InFamous Second Son, but that story is for another day.

I know that terrible feeling when people fighting on your birthday. I don't celebrate my birthday as a result even though it was a decade and half ago.

Anyways, I agree with you in loving PlayStation All Stars. I also played as Cole a lot back in the day but I played as Jak and Daxter the most since they were the ones to convince to join the PlayStation Empire by getting a PS2 to play Jak 2. 

On 2/2/2016 at 11:29 AM, BlueFireReaper said:

Well, I went through another account with a plat before this one, so I technically have two stories:

First First Platinum (as sabsarron7192):

Assassin's Creed II

1Ledd3c0.png

Ended up getting ACII after playing through the original Assassin's Creed. At this time, I never had the general interest in collecting trophies at all, however, I managed to get a heavy majority of the trophies during my playthrough, so I went "screw it" and went for the rest of them. Of course, the only bitchy trophy was collecting all of the feathers, but overall, it was an easy platinum. On this specific account, this remains my only platinum and on the account I actually use, it is my third.

Second First Platinum (as BlueFireReaper):

Borderlands

1L0e571e.png

Got this back in March of 2013. I remember a friend I had on PSN who I played Black Ops II with talked a lot about Borderlands 2, and while I got that from PS+ in December of the same year, my habit of playing games in order got the best of me and considering that it was on sale for $10 at the time, I got the original. Spent quite a long time over the course of a few months before I got the platinum though; it took until July to get it, and other than that one trophy that requires you to play with someone who got a specific trophy (or a Gearbox employee), I got the entire plat alone, with most of the trophies acquired in my playthrough with Roland. And while it was my first platinum, it wasn't until either my 2nd, 3rd, or 4th platinum that I started going for trophies. But it was from this platinum that I found this site, and I'm glad I did.

I wonder what is your First Platinum as Rainstorm III

Edited by TheVader66

also whatever happened to sabsarron

Crap, I though I put edit but this comment should have anyways merged with the previous comment. It would in the previous version of this site. I wonder how do you delete a comment.

Edited by TheVader66