PLEASE HELPP! LAGGGG!

johnnyboypro12

:unsure: I dont know what to do i keep lagging in multiplayer for all my multiplayer games and i have tried everything to fix it!!

I called my isp (Time Warner Cable),restarted my router and modem,did a DMZ on my ps3 and try using the ethernet cable on it but nothing works!!!! My average download speed is 16.20 mbps and the router is 8 feet away from my ps3 and the signal is always 100%.Its been going for a month now and i need alll the helpp i can get

either put the router on the street or in your neighbors house. best thing i can tell you.

fa99EV3fd.jpg

seriously though, you should try to rebuild your database. nothing gets deleted, other than your messages. it pretty much cleans your ps3 of useless junk. you can find lots of videos on youtube on how to do it.

• Like 2

If your average DL is 16.20mbps and you still have lag, chances are good your ethernet card on the console is having issues. Most people can scream right along with as little as 2.5mbps on all but the most online intensive games.

Try a PING test and see if you are experiencing any packet loss as that could be the only other thing it could be.

I usually find LAN to be way more reliable/faster than wifi. Even between my desktop and my laptop. I tried wifi on my PS3 way back when I got it, it didn't even work most of the time. The other downside to wifi is I have to reconfigure my system (DS/3DS/PSP)'s connection settings every time the router information is changed.