Is "demo driving" for mileage patched out?

NukeEarth

Trophy guide on here talks about demo driving while you're waiting in a PVP lobby. I entered a lobby by myself and didn't see the option for demo mode. Someone informed me that it should work with driving in HQ as well, so I just did demo drive in there for about 5 minutes, and when I checked my mileage afterwards, it hasn't changed. Might have to abandon this platinum, been playing this game like crazy and my most used card has 850miles. 5000 my @&%.

Edited by KnightGraveheart

I used the HQ method in December and it worked fine then. I don't think there have been any patches since then.

Strange. Myself and someone else who I told about it both reported to each other that we can't get a mileage increase. I certainly hope it's not gone. 

Edited by KnightGraveheart

Strange. Myself and someone else who I told about it both reported to each other that we can't get a mileage increase. I certainly hope it's not gone. 

How are you doing it? The guide I followed said to reach high speed in the open world, use the quick menu when going as fast as possible to teleport to the HQ and then hold accelerate in the demo.

How are you doing it? The guide I followed said to reach high speed in the open world, use the quick menu when going as fast as possible to teleport to the HQ and then hold accelerate in the demo.

Thank you, yes, I ended up finding a YouTube video that described this very method and as far as I can tell, this one still seems to work. So I may have misunderstood the way my friend initially described it to me, I hadn't been getting up to top speed before warping to HQ. 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Go to little eagle, hit top speed and go back to HQ while holding R2.

Rubber band controller in demo mode and hit X every 15 min so you're not booted for being idle.

Go north of salt flats in between two main highways and rubber band controller on R2 and left analog. Hit X ever 15 minutes so you're not booted for being idle.

Yes this does work as of four days ago.