Anyone else got their main account on different region?

Yazris

Since I'm living in UK (for now), I made a Japanese account (Primarily for exclusives and superior themes/avatars)

Just wondering if anyone is doing the same, and what is the risk of getting banned (Great console I know, poor customer service etc.)

Don't really want to get into serious trophy hunting if it means seven months down the line I wake to a ban!

Edited by Yazris

There no chance you could get banned. You can't switch your region and people move countries all the time, so there'll be many people who are using an account outside their current region. I know you weren't actually in Japan when you made it, but it's not something Sony's really going to look too deeply into.

As for the reasoning, personally I would stick with a western account. Anybody can make use of PS3/PS4 games and themes (though not avatars) from another region by adding more accounts to their system, but that's not the case for Vita and potentially future systems. You don't seem to have a Vita yet, but western Vita games are more likely to be digital-only than Japan's thanks to all the indies and low-budget localisations. If there's any chance you'll get a Vita one day, you may find a Japanese account is restricting you from playing certain games.

I believe you may also need to use Japan's customer service if anything happens to your account. I'm not sure if they're any good compared to ours.

There no chance you could get banned. You can't switch your region and people move countries all the time, so there'll be many people who are using an account outside their current region. I know you weren't actually in Japan when you made it, but it's not something Sony's really going to look too deeply into.

As for the reasoning, personally I would stick with a western account. Anybody can make use of PS3/PS4 games and themes (though not avatars) from another region by adding more accounts to their system, but that's not the case for Vita and potentially future systems. You don't seem to have a Vita yet, but western Vita games are more likely to be digital-only than Japan's thanks to all the indies and low-budget localisations. If there's any chance you'll get a Vita one day, you may find a Japanese account is restricting you from playing certain games.

I believe you may also need to use Japan's customer service if anything happens to your account. I'm not sure if they're any good compared to ours.

Thanks for the response!  :)

I do indeed have a Vita. I have yet to touch on the games I have. My only concern with it, would be the DLC for the disk-based games I have. Can't really see myself playing much outside of HDN. Currently learning Japanese (and German) since it's where I'll hopefully be living in the future.

Suppose outside of that, the only other concern I have is how games like FFXIV would work.

I think most of us have at least 2 accounts. Europe & US. To take advantage of all the sales :awesome:

You don't need to worry about getting banned. Pretty sure Sony does not ban accounts over something like this.

It's pretty trivial. Though I've come across people at uni that have been banned for having information which Sony deemed false. Most likely address etc. 

(Part highlighted bold): Good point actually. Brb making US account  :)

Yeah, a lot of people have a second account for various purposes (Japan account especially). It's really useful and I see no reason why it is wrong. ^^

Well, the reason why it's wrong is simple.

You fabricate personal information :D Unless you have a home in Japan (if one does, why would anyone care about other regions? :awesome:), you obviously have to put a fake address.

And even if you have a fake Japanese name, unless you officially accept it, it's once again fake =D

It's not a problem to have more accounts, the problem is fabricated values =D

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

Well, the reason why it's wrong is simple.

You fabricate personal information :D Unless you have a home in Japan (if one does, why would anyone care about other regions? :awesome:), you obviously have to put a fake address.

And even if you have a fake Japanese name, unless you officially accept it, it's once again fake =D

It's not a problem to have more accounts, the problem is fabricated values =D

So, it's a matter of personal values I guess.   :P As long as they get their money for what you buy, I'm sure all is well and good in their eyes  :awesome:

Edited by Keello96