I am the LAW! - Boosting method

If you suck at PvP like I do, better boost it before it's too late (tho' I still have a second theory if they ever patch this method).

Instructions:
1. You and a friend join the Dark Zone.
2. Either you or your friend leave the group (disband) and you'll be in the same lobby regardless.
3. Shoot your friend, which makes you Rogue.
4. Have your friend kill you, which gives him 1 rogue kill.
5. Rinse and repeat steps #3 and #4, 20 times each, exchanging kills so that you guys won't be de-ranked as much (as a matter of fact, you'll rank up by the end of the boosting session!) and also so that it won't be so hard to kill each other, but I think that may just have to do with the equipment you own and level won't matter, but just to be safe...
6. Profit

Theory after-patch:
3 players group at the DZ. 2 of the players (boosting the trophy) don't have each other as friends, just have the third dummy player as a connection for matchmaking.
2 boosting players perform the method above, while the 3rd player grabs a coffee or reads a magazine.
Should work regardless.
This is, in case Ubisoft patches the method so that "two friends won't be able to kill each other or get a rogue kill count".

Trust me, this really isn't necessary.

If you're going for the Platinum, you will have no choice but to defend yourself against others all the time.  Make sure you're not the one starting something and you'll be fine.  There's matchmaking for the Dark Zone so you needn't be alone. Only need to remember to be the one with the last hit for it to count.

You'll be spending a lot of time in the DZ going for the extraction and slaying elite enemies, and trust me, you will have people pick a fight there if nowhere else.  Its really easy to suppress a couple of people.

Even if you're not grouped up, people flock to rogue agent like flies on shit.  You probably won't even be under any threat whilst a gang busts them down to size.

If you suck at PvP like I do, better boost it before it's too late (tho' I still have a second theory if they ever patch this method).

Instructions:
1. You and a friend join the Dark Zone.
2. Either you or your friend leave the group (disband) and you'll be in the same lobby regardless.
3. Shoot your friend, which makes you Rogue.
4. Have your friend kill you, which gives him 1 rogue kill.
5. Rinse and repeat steps #3 and #4, 20 times each, exchanging kills so that you guys won't be de-ranked as much (as a matter of fact, you'll rank up by the end of the boosting session!) and also so that it won't be so hard to kill each other, but I think that may just have to do with the equipment you own and level won't matter, but just to be safe...
6. Profit

Theory after-patch:
3 players group at the DZ. 2 of the players (boosting the trophy) don't have each other as friends, just have the third dummy player as a connection for matchmaking.
2 boosting players perform the method above, while the 3rd player grabs a coffee or reads a magazine.
Should work regardless.
This is, in case Ubisoft patches the method so that "two friends won't be able to kill each other or get a rogue kill count".

I don't think you have to worry about them patching this at least - if you want to get the trophy this way it doesn't really affect game balance in any way.

Edited by LastPisTolman

Well yes and no. Some players will have no issue killing 200+ rogues during their "career", some others may struggle to get in the 30s. Some may not even get 10.

I personally boost any troublesome trophies if I can, to get them outta my system, so that I don't have to worry about it.

Now everytime I see a rogue, I go for the kill if I'm not sporting a yellow pouch. if I get the kill, fine, if I don't, no longer do I have to worry "dang, there goes the chance to up the counter for the trophy".

Some other trophies like healing 20 teammates or whatever, well, those indeed do not require any type of boosting as those will come naturally for pretty much everybody. Same for using the 100 health items and so on. Those are passive trophies. This one is a bit in the active side of things AND you depend on the enemy players to be worse than you or like you said, get that little chance window to get the final shot, just before the other player doing the damage just hit the reload point before the final blow.

• 2 weeks later...

When I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

I'm thinking this will definitely be necessary.  I'm up to level 20 in Dark Zone, and I've seen two people go rogue.  The punishment for getting killed as a rogue is so severe that people will only ever do it by mistake or as their first time.

In fact I was in the Dark Zone for 4 hours over the weekend as part of a pick up group and didn't see any other humans.  

When I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

I'm thinking this will definitely be necessary.  I'm up to level 20 in Dark Zone, and I've seen two people go rogue.  The punishment for getting killed as a rogue is so severe that people will only ever do it by mistake or as their first time.

In fact I was in the Dark Zone for 4 hours over the weekend as part of a pick up group and didn't see any other humans.  

:D

Well I've been into the DZ a lot lately and I've yet to see 1 rogue since past week. Both solo and in a group. For "short bursts" of an hour.

Actually most people are wary BUT they all seem friendly and ready to cooperate in extractions (watching your back if a NPC decides to fuck around when hanging your pouch in the rope and so on).

Like you mention, the punishment so far is high and people just don't feel like doing it.

However as you may know, there is an upcoming patch to fix this, because god forbids people actually being nice to each other on multiplayer, so Buggysoft wants us to go full evil.

So, since you seem to be the type of good player that has no issues getting some kills, why not wait till this patch and see if you can get it legit? Just a thought  :)

This method still works after the last patch. I did the rogue trophies with a friend of mine yesterday evening. We have each other on the PlayStation friends list, so there's no sneaky boosting check or something like that. We grouped up, entered DZ01, disbanded the group and started shooting each other taking turns. Just fire a few rounds to go rogue and then let the other kill you. When you're down, just hold circle to give up. That does count as a kill and is faster than waiting for the other to finish you off (if damage output is at fresh level 30). The only thing that takes a while is waiting 30 seconds for the respawn every time.