Headphones for exercising...

Dreakon13

Maybe someone here can help me out.  With the weather getting nicer, I'll be out rollerblading 2-3 times a week after work... but the biggest problem I have is my headphones.  Seems like no matter how much I spend, they start dying on me within a few months (or less).  Maybe it's just how earbuds generally work since the wires are pretty tiny and probably prone to getting all wound up and loosened.

I don't care if it's earbuds, or headphones, or a ****ing helmet... as long as it meets a few requirements...

a. There will be a lot of wind whooshing past my head, so something that would generally block that and/or other outside noise.

b. Something comfortable (understanding that comfort is subjective sometimes), and won't yank/fall out of my ears or off my head too easily.

c. There's a lot of body movement in roller blading, so something with reasonably durable wires that won't quickly deteriorate from twisting and moving.

What do you all use when exercising (if you exercise)?  Popping me a link to Amazon or some kind of storefront would be appreciated. :)

Edited by Dreakon13

Maybe someone here can help me out.  With the weather getting nicer, I'll be out rollerblading 2-3 times a week after work... but the biggest problem I have is my headphones.  Seems like no matter how much I spend, they start dying on me within a few months (or less).  Maybe it's just how earbuds generally work since the wires are pretty tiny and probably prone to getting all wound up and loosened.

I don't care if it's earbuds, or headphones, or a ****ing helmet... as long as it meets a few requirements...

a. There will be a lot of wind whooshing past my head, so something that would generally block that and/or other outside noise.

b. Something comfortable (understanding that comfort is subjective sometimes), and won't yank/fall out of my ears or off my head too easily.

c. There's a lot of body movement in roller blading, so something with reasonably durable wires that won't quickly deteriorate from twisting and moving.

What do you all use when exercising (if you exercise)?  Popping me a link to Amazon or some kind of storefront would be appreciated. :)

If you are willing to spend some money, Sennheiser is one of the best headphone brands out there (at least in my opinion), and they make all styles of headphones.  I would look there if you are interested.  

Sennheiser looks like a good brand, but are they really well suited for exercise?  Looks like they manufacture professional quality headsets with excellent sound quality, not stuff I want to be sweating into or go roller blading with.  I mean earbuds are earbuds I guess, but something more functional for a lot of movement would be ideal.  Moreso than making my music sound great.

And money isn't really an object, within reason. :)

Edited by Dreakon13

Sennheiser looks like a good brand, but are they really well suited for exercise?  Looks like they manufacture professional quality headsets with excellent sound quality, not stuff I want to be sweating into or go roller blading with.  I mean earbuds are earbuds I guess, but something more functional for a lot of movement would be ideal.  Moreso than making my music sound great.

And money isn't really an object, within reason. :)

They make a lot of headphones just for exercise, I echo what Bee says about them, they are the best brand you can get.. it's also affordable compared to some of the other better brands out there.

I couldn't recommend which ones are best for exercising (like rollerblading), but you should go look at them and look at reviews people post about the sports ones.  I usually find Amazon's reviews to be pretty accurate.