Is This The Rugby Game To Pick Up

Shaowsintzu

As I see your Canadian this might not be what your looking for.

Rugby is a too simple term as there are two sports one called Union the other called league.

The dominant one is Union and League is mostly only played in Northern England the East coast of Australia and Auckland NZ. With a few notable exceptions.

If it is rugby league you want to play then good one you as its a far better sport imho (being a northerner living on the east coast of oz). If you want something resembling the Rugby World Cup last year then this will disappoint.

• Like 1

As I see your Canadian this might not be what your looking for.

Rugby is a too simple term as there are two sports one called Union the other called league.

The dominant one is Union and League is mostly only played in Northern England the East coast of Australia and Auckland NZ. With a few notable exceptions.

If it is rugby league you want to play then good one you as its a far better sport imho (being a northerner living on the east coast of oz). If you want something resembling the Rugby World Cup last year then this will disappoint.

Ah, then Rugby League and Rugby Challenge are different games? Rubgy World Cup was the funniest train wreck of a game I've seen almost E.T. bad.

Ah, then Rugby League and Rugby Challenge are different games? Rubgy World Cup was the funniest train wreck of a game I've seen almost E.T. bad.

They are most definitely different games. I can't comment on the League games but Rugby Challenge 2 wasn't as enjoyable as I was wanting it to be, Rugby Challenge 3 could be different for the better when it comes out but I have little expectations

Hmm, WOW!! never knew any of this but I'm looking for more arcade, fun, quick-long, local Gameplay kinda like Blitz:The League 2 without the steroids. but whats the main difference between Challenge and League? 

They are most definitely different games. I can't comment on the League games but Rugby Challenge 2 wasn't as enjoyable as I was wanting it to be, Rugby Challenge 3 could be different for the better when it comes out but I have little expectations

Hmm, WOW!! never knew any of this but I'm looking for more arcade, fun, quick-long, local Gameplay kinda like Blitz:The League 2 without the steroids. but whats the main difference between Challenge and League?

With Union (Challenge), the team in possession of the ball is pretty much allowed an infinite amount of phases (the time from one ruck to the next one) until they either make a mistake, lose possession of the ball, the balls goes out of play, or obviously score some points via a try or dropgoal etc. But in League, the team who has possession of the ball is only allowed a total of 5 tackles or, to better put, phases. On the last tackle or "phase", the team with the ball either has to kick down the field for better territory (obviously giving the ball to the team in the process) or they can have a go for the tryline trying to avoid being tackled. Being tackled on the last phase means that the ball switches possession to the other team from where the first team's player was tackled. If you watch like 10 minutes of a normal (Union) game and 10 minutes of a League game, you'll definitely pick up on the difference. Other differences are that there are no lineouts in League and the scrums in League are also uncontested (the teams don't push against each other) unlike in Union. If it helps, think of Union as an open game and League as a "structured" variant of Union :P I apologise if that doesn't make sense

This might explain it faster (or simpler), also with Rugby Challenge 2 gameplay

Just to clarify its six tackles not five. Although the sixth tackle very rarely occurs.

Also asking which sport is better is very subjective and can people's opinions are borne out of class and upbringing. Many in the north of England still hold a real grudge against Union for their attitude during the schism.

Best to watch both games and decide yourself.

W

With Union (Challenge), the team in possession of the ball is pretty much allowed an infinite amount of phases (the time from one ruck to the next one) until they either make a mistake, lose possession of the ball, the balls goes out of play, or obviously score some points via a try or dropgoal etc. But in League, the team who has possession of the ball is only allowed a total of 5 tackles or, to better put, phases. On the last tackle or "phase", the team with the ball either has to kick down the field for better territory (obviously giving the ball to the team in the process) or they can have a go for the tryline trying to avoid being tackled. Being tackled on the last phase means that the ball switches possession to the other team from where the first team's player was tackled. If you watch like 10 minutes of a normal (Union) game and 10 minutes of a League game, you'll definitely pick up on the difference. Other differences are that there are no lineouts in League and the scrums in League are also uncontested (the teams don't push against each other) unlike in Union. If it helps, think of Union as an open game and League as a "structured" variant of Union :P I apologise if that doesn't make sense

This might explain it faster (or simpler), also with Rugby Challenge 2 gameplay

The All Blacks are in Challenge and not in League? I wanna See some Haka Action I'd Crap if I saw I were to see someone do that in front of me and I looked at a review of League reminds me of Madden a bit.

W

The All Blacks are in Challenge and not in League? I wanna See some Haka Action I'd Crap if I saw I were to see someone do that in front of me and I looked at a review of League reminds me of Madden a bit.

You said you were looking for an arcade style game, and that's what Rugby Challenge 2 feels like tbh. It didn't offer much in terms of accurate simulation of the sport gameplay-wise from a strong fan of the sport, but the game could be what you're wanting out of it :)

And yeah, the All Blacks are exclusive to Union and not League, however New Zealand does have a national team representing League known as the Kiwi's. They do a haka too, but I'm not sure if it's animated in before each of their games in which the All Blacks are in Challenge 2. The trophies are easy and fast enough to earn too, just follow a guide and you should be on your way to another plat :P

You said you were looking for an arcade style game, and that's what Rugby Challenge 2 feels like tbh. It didn't offer much in terms of accurate simulation of the sport gameplay-wise from a strong fan of the sport, but the game could be what you're wanting out of it :)

And yeah, the All Blacks are exclusive to Union and not League, however New Zealand does have a national team representing League known as the Kiwi's. They do a haka too, but I'm not sure if it's animated in before each of their games in which the All Blacks are in Challenge 2. The trophies are easy and fast enough to earn too, just follow a guide and you should be on your way to another plat :P

I'm keen on picking this up on on the 8th gen Consoles so I can have a focus on Sports like Football(Soccer), Rugby, Lacross, Tennis, Cricket and F1, I think I'll wait for the Latest Rugby Challenge 3 Game then out in April I think, so everything is licensed in the game as well?

I'm keen on picking this up on on the 8th gen Consoles so I can have a focus on Sports like Football(Soccer), Rugby, Lacross, Tennis, Cricket and F1, I think I'll wait for the Latest Rugby Challenge 3 Game then out in April I think, so everything is licensed in the game as well?

IIRC, the studio behind Rugby 15 and the Rugby World Cup 2015 games have the licenses for the European teams and leagues

I expect most, if not all, Southern Hemisphere rugby to be licensed though through Rugby Challenge 3

IIRC, the studio behind Rugby 15 and the Rugby World Cup 2015 games have the licenses for the European teams and leagues

I expect most, if not all, Southern Hemisphere rugby to be licensed though through Rugby Challenge 3

Alright cannot wait to get my hands on it, So Rugby Challenge is the game of choice by most?

Alright cannot wait to get my hands on it, So Rugby Challenge is the game of choice by most?

Out of current and previous gen and from what I've seen of Rugby 15, Rugby Challenge 3 would probably be the more favorable choice. I'd still just wait after the game is released to read reviews and watch gameplay so you know exactly what you're buying :)

Alright Thanks, SkyesUnholy I appreciate the help and the lesson about all this, really helped me with my decision.

Out of current and previous gen and from what I've seen of Rugby 15, Rugby Challenge 3 would probably be the more favorable choice. I'd still just wait after the game is released to read reviews and watch gameplay so you know exactly what you're buying :)

• Like 1

That guy trying to compare the two sports in his video is tying his best to hide his bias towards Union. But he's a little laughable in saying it's not physical enough for me. Due to the speed in league the hits involved are whiplash/concussion inducing whereas in union it's a load of fat men touching each other in a big pile on the floor :D

• Like 1