Driver: San Francisco Demo out Tomorrow

BountyHunterinc

Driver-San-Francisco-Banner-620x232.jpg

Ubisoft are on a roll with their Announcements today, as not only have they revealed that Splinter Cell Collection will be released tomorrow, but also putting up the Demo of Driver: San Francisco.

This small slice of the high speed game includes three missions from Single Player, allowing you have a taste of what is on offer, including the main feature of the game, 'Shift'. This ability is used to hop out of your body, and jump into any other vehicle on the road.

The first, which is going by the name of 'Team Colours,' requires the use of Shift, and the Objective of this mode is to dive between drivers to finish first and second in a race.

The second, 'Escapist', has you put into a high-speed escape, and requires you to escape the police by any means necessary.. And you have a VIP Passenger on-board.

And finally, The third mission is called 'Prove It,' which has you going all-out, pulling off risky stunts and tricks, and not only that, you must escape from the boys in Blue, as well.

--

Geoffroy Sardin, the chief marketing and sales officer at Ubisoft said the following about their new title:

"The Driver franchise has always been defined by the excitement of high speed chases and the freedom to drive anywhere in huge cities."

He continued:

"Playing Driver San Francisco is the best way to reveal this unique Driver feeling and we are thrilled gamers will be able to get a taste of why we are so excited about Driver San Francisco's release in September."

Ubisoft have also released a trailer, along with this Announcement.

The game is due to spin onto store shelves on September 2nd this year, on Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii.

Source: Eurogamer

I really liked the demo. The physics felt like the original Driver, only tweaked a little bit for a more modern feel but it still kept the tail happy cars which is perfect.

The only thing I dislike about the game so far is "Shift." It seems like that feature is taking the experience away from Tanner which isn't good. I want to play and hear the story as Tanner, not all these random people that I can "Shift" into. They've already announced that you're playing as Tanner while he's in a coma (so basically, everything is a dream) so I wonder how they're going to work that out story wise.

So far so good gameplay wise. I hope they add wheel support to this game (it's one of the few arcade style games I think would work really well with a wheel) and I'm really looking forward to the release of this game. Driving his Challenger in the demo brought back memories of sliding around in the original Driver, which is a very good way to get me to buy this game. ^_^

Parker