New MGS titles announced

G_totheW_EN

At the MGS 25th anniversary celebration, 2 new games have been announced for the franchise:

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero (for Xbox360 and PS3 or next-gen?)

http://kotaku.com/5939164/konami-reveals-metal-gear-solid-ground-zeroes-it-looks-fxxking-hot

Metal Gear Social Ops (for smartphones)

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/30/metal-gear-solid-social-ops-for-smartphones-revealed

Below a teaser pic from MGS: Ground Zero featuring Big Boss.

Reports say it's an openworld game possibly set in Outer Heaven after the events in Peace Walker...

Screenshot.jpg

wow thanks for this, big boss in the pic looks slick. im glad the new metal gear is about big boss and not a remake of MGS1 which almost everyone was hoping for. that game is a classic and should remain so. i was hoping for the remake of Metal gear 1 though because that included big boss and solid snake and since it was mentioned by kojima MGS5 will feature solid snake or old snake i though that would be it. or im probably mistaking metal gear solid: ground zero with MGS5 as they could be 2 completely separate games.

"Snake" as Big Boss.

Either way he/I mean that specific character, in any form/role.

But they're not the same character. I think he was talking about Solid Snake. Saying that he had a disease that made him age quickly was a cheap way of trying to get rid of Snake.

When will Kojima stop lying???

First, he says no MGS4 trophies EVER. Several times...

Then he said No more Snake in anything after 4 ever again...

Now wtf...

He never said that. :| The whole thing about the trophies was that they were constantly saying they were working on them, or that "We'll see what happens" time and time again whenever they were asked - they never flat out said it wouldn't happen. That was the [trophy] fandom.

As far as the Snake thing - like Deth said - this isn't the same character. Solid Snake's tale is over - but Big Boss still has some story left to tell. He's a "Snake", but he's not the "Snake".