Is My Game Fucked or...?

I decided to go back to WAW to get the platinum out of the way but I have reached a stalemate. When I load the "Black Cats" mission up, my ps3 just freezes and i get a black screen. I have retried multiple times with the same result and I remember having this problem with my old fat ps3. I checked my disk to see if it as damaged but the disk is like new with no smudge or scratch to be seen. I was wondering if others have this problem and is there a solution for this, or will i need to re-purchase the game?

Thank you for your time.

Try deleting the install file and then reinstall the game

World at War doesn't install game data, and it's not available as a download.

Sorry, dude, I think your game is done for. You can get a new copy relatively cheap at your local GameStop or equivalent. 

Is there anyway to play a previous mission? it might be your current checkpoint that's messed up. Perhaps load a previous mission, replay it and then continue onward.

From how you describe it, it seems the game loads fine until you try to start that mission, so I don't think your game disc is the problem but rather your save file.

Is there anyway to play a previous mission? it might be your current checkpoint that's messed up. Perhaps load a previous mission, replay it and then continue onward.

From how you describe it, it seems the game loads fine until you try to start that mission, so I don't think your game disc is the problem but rather your save file.

Yeah the mission before it works fine but after completing it, the game still freezes

I used to have a similar problem way back when I was playing the game. Except mine would freeze right when the game started up.

I found out being signed into psn was causing it. Don't know why or how but it was. I even tested it.

Signed in equaled game freezing after start up.

Not signed in equaled game working fine.

This eventually fixed it's self somehow as I don't need to sign out of psn to start world at war anymore. 

I would try signing out of psn before starting the game to see if that helps. If it does work and you still need the online multiplayer trophies. Only sign in when prompted to do so when going to an online campaign match.