Blades of the Darkmoon / Watchdogs of Farron

HellbornHunter

Don't mind me asking this in this topic, but can someone explain me why are AI enemies attacking me when I invade even though I didn't attacked them first? I use red eye orb to invade in case you wonder.

And what's with host and his phantoms fleeing and accessing boss areas even when I'm in his world? In previous souls games you needed to kill the invader before you can access boss?

Don't mind me asking this in this topic, but can someone explain me why are AI enemies attacking me when I invade even though I didn't attacked them first? I use red eye orb to invade in case you wonder.

And what's with host and his phantoms fleeing and accessing boss areas even when I'm in his world? In previous souls games you needed to kill the invader before you can access boss?

For your first question, the host must have used a Seed of a Giant Tree. It makes enemies hostile towards invaders as well. I use it too when I'm getting sick of idiots hiding behind monsters.

I don't remember ever having to kill an invader to enter a boss room in previous Souls games, but it could just be my faulty memory. But in this game it forces you back to your world if a critical fight is begun.

Well thanks for your reply...Maybe you are right about that giant seed, I forgot about that...As for idiots hiding behind the monsters, maybe that wouldn't happen if host is not hiding behind his two phantoms buddies? 1 vs 3 is not fair so you, as a invader, must increase your chances somehow.

Most invaders, especially red phantoms are at great disadvantages (i.e. less health, lower level than the host, half estus, etc.).  Even 1v1, the host still at an advantage.  When I'm a buddy phantom, I usually stand my ground and invite the invader to fight me first, everyone else can just stay back and watch.  If the invader ignore me go after the host first, then it's fair game....and I will do everything I can to protect the host.  If I invade someone, I will wait for the host to send his champion or himself to meet me.  If he decides to run for cover, I will simply return home.  If they all decide to jump on me, then sure, I will do everything I can to survive.  It doesn't really matter if I win or lose, no hard feeling!

• Like 1