Blades of the Darkmoon / Watchdogs of Farron

HellbornHunter

So you need to hit rank 2 for both of these covenants in order to get the wolf ring and darkmoon blade spell, both which are needed for the master of rings and miracles trophies. I don't know about everyone else but getting the proof of concord kept and wolf's blood swordgrass items is proving to be one hell of a bitch: they very rarely drop from enemies (supposed to be from the basilisks around the keep for the grass and silver knights for the proof) and I'm not getting summoned at all for either of these covenants when I have their items equipped. Does anybody know of a better way to get these things or is the long grind unavoidable? 

So you need to hit rank 2 for both of these covenants in order to get the wolf ring and darkmoon blade spell, both which are needed for the master of rings and miracles trophies. I don't know about everyone else but getting the proof of concord kept and wolf's blood swordgrass items is proving to be one hell of a bitch: they very rarely drop from enemies (supposed to be from the basilisks around the keep for the grass and silver knights for the proof) and I'm not getting summoned at all for either of these covenants when I have their items equipped. Does anybody know of a better way to get these things or is the long grind unavoidable?

I believe you could boost this by getting someone who is in the aldrich faithful and tell them to invade you by placing their sign on the floor and you bring them into the world

• Like 1

To farm Wolfs Blood Swordgrass travel to the Keep Ruins and farm the 3 enemies by the bonfire. Those enemies, Ghrus, are the ones that drop this item. It took me about 2 or 3 hours to farm enough while using Rusted Coins, Symbol of Avarice (mimic headwear) and the Covetous Gold Serpent Ring.

I have yet to be summoned via the Blades Of Darkmoon covenant. My guess is either I'm too high levelled or because no one is using Way of the Blue as a covenant. Farming Proofs from the Silver Knights is beyond ridicolous. My drop rate using the above items has been roughly 1 drop per hour and I still need 5 more

To farm Wolfs Blood Swordgrass travel to the Keep Ruins and farm the 3 enemies by the bonfire. Those enemies, Ghrus, are the ones that drop this item. It took me about 2 or 3 hours to farm enough while using Rusted Coins, Symbol of Avarice (mimic headwear) and the Covetous Gold Serpent Ring.

I have yet to be summoned via the Blades Of Darkmoon covenant. My guess is either I'm too high levelled or because no one is using Way of the Blue as a covenant. Farming Proofs from the Silver Knights is beyond ridicolous. My drop rate using the above items has been roughly 1 drop per hour and I still need 5 more

You just saved me so much time with the keep ruins spot, that place is a gold mine. With them being clustered like that and right next to the bonfire it only takes about 15 seconds per run, I haven't finished yet but at least I'm making progress. 

I'm definitely in no hurry to go back to farming the knights, I just finished ng+ and I think I've only had 2 or 3 proofs drop so far. I haven't been summoned either but I did have 2 aldrich faithfuls invade earlier when I was around SL 100 or so (except I didn't get the drops for taking them out because it happened right after I took off the darkmoon covenant item)

My guess is either I'm too high levelled or because no one is using Way of the Blue as a covenant. 

Late to the party, but it's the latter (unless there's some hidden SL thing here like in DS2). I purposefully keep my level low. On the first day, I was happy - I got three summons for Blue Sentinels. But I have never been summoned since.

Late to the party, but it's the latter (unless there's some hidden SL thing here like in DS2). I purposefully keep my level low. On the first day, I was happy - I got three summons for Blue Sentinels. But I have never been summoned since.

Equipment level is taken into account in match making. I upgraded my sword a few times and had more hits as a darkmoon, still only a handful though :(

Equipment level is taken into account in match making. I upgraded my sword a few times and had more hits as a darkmoon, still only a handful though :(

That might have something to do with it, but in the opposite direction. Keeping levels low means you have a ton of souls for pumping into weapons and buying other crap. Maybe my weapons are too good for my level?

That might have something to do with it, but in the opposite direction. Keeping levels low means you have a ton of souls for pumping into weapons and buying other crap. Maybe my weapons are too good for my level?

I think it's a combination of level, number of players actually in the covenant and the fact that most players in the area have already beaten the boss. The only times I've been invaded were prior to beating the area boss and since it doesn't take that long to work your way through anor londo or the area before it, there isn't a very large time-frame in which to be summoned, couple that with the other two factors and anyone trying to get those covenant items through summons is more or less screwed

Every Souls game I've played I always end up over-levelled but so long as I can still summon for co-op I don't mind. Thankfully I've finally managed to get all the Proofs I needed. Now I just need to farm a few more Shackles and I can move on to just playing the game. In fact when I was farming the Silver Knights for Proofs I was getting so many souls I purposefully lost them all so I wasn't tempted to level anymore, though I have been stocking up on supplies for NG+ and buying all armour even though I won't use them lol, just like them there anyway.

i litterly got summoned 24/7 when doing the  watchdogs of farron covenant. depends on your soul level vs ng or ng+ or  ++.  the blades of the darkmoon i never got summoned. i boosted my item discovery to 435 and just farmed them @ the 3 knights at anor londo

If you need Proof of a Concord Kept, why not just farm it with your friends?   Just do this with two other friends, here is how I would do it.

1.  Use a low level character, the lower the better, preferably soul level 1.

2.  Have two of your friends at similar soul level (or within your summon range)

3.  Pick an isolated location what most low level people don't go there (also the area boss still alive).

4.  Have one of your friend play as Way of the Blue and another friend play as the invader, and you will play as the Blades of the Darkmoon ready to come to the rescue. 

5.  Just taking turn until all three of you get enough Proof of a Concord Kept.  It's much faster than farming Siver Knights.

• 1 month later...

I played last night for 3 hours and all the time I was wearing Watchdogs covenant item and roaming Farron Keep area, and got summoned 1 time....killed the guy and got my one Wolfgrass thing...I am level 53, so do you think this is too high level for such (relatively) early part of the game? Also I`m in my first playthrough and been wearing weapon +2.

For those wanting to farm them legit/via PvP:

You really want to keep an eye on both your level and your highest weapon, overlevelling either can cause some serious problems. That's why I started a new char after hitting NG+ and reaching lvl 120, the grind just became too much for me (besides, I love PvP in Souls). I kept my second char at around lvl 20 w/ a weapon at +2/+3 and farmed the Watchdogs, Moundmakers, Sunlightbros and Fingers all in the Road of Sacrifices in a little more than one day.

As for the Darkmoonblades: I have been summoned 5 times in 135 hours of gameplay, 3 times of which I would spawn only to be returned to my world instantly. That covenant is just awefully broken. If you check their leaderbords (there's an in-game item that lets you do this), you will find that there are people who have turned in more than 2000 Proofs of Concord (all at lvl 120, so no need to keep the char low). So, you're either really lucky and get summoned all the time, or basically not at all. Kinda makes me angry with From, they just went and did it again...

• Like 1

I played last night for 3 hours and all the time I was wearing Watchdogs covenant item and roaming Farron Keep area, and got summoned 1 time....killed the guy and got my one Wolfgrass thing...I am level 53, so do you think this is too high level for such (relatively) early part of the game? Also I`m in my first playthrough and been wearing weapon +2.

Well, most people (unless they have a death wish or really good with pvp), don't usually hang out at Farron Keep...because those Watchdogs invaders are really "dog" hunting in pack.  The first time I was at Farron Keep, not knowing what I was doing or where I was going, I got invaded by two of them ganging on me.  I killed one of them and another one invaded shortly....and they drank estus like no tomorrow.... so I ran back to  the bonfire, sat down, and those invaders kill me anyway... ganging and murdering the innocent when she was just sitting down... no honor!  They were really behaving like a pack of zombie  dogs!

Well, most people (unless they have a death wish or really good with pvp), don't usually hang out at Farron Keep...because those Watchdogs invaders are really "dog" hunting in pack.  The first time I was at Farron Keep, not knowing what I was doing or where I was going, I got invaded by two of them ganging on me.  I killed one of them and another one invaded shortly....and they drank estus like no tomorrow.... so I ran back to  the bonfire, sat down, and those invaders kill me anyway... ganging and murdering the innocent when she was just sitting down... no honor!  They were really behaving like a pack of zombie  dogs!

Well it seems to me that almost nobody in this game is playing on his own, every time I invade (red eye orb) there are host and one or two helpers, so fighting 1 vs 2 or vs 3 is rather difficult for me, at least at this moment with not so good weapon and mediocre gear...I personally am playing through game without summoning phantoms in my world, slowly exploring every corner and slaying everything on my path. If I got invaded I try to slain intruder, sometimes I succeed and other times I fail. Lately I even started, not too often though, to summon red phantoms and mad phantoms into my world just to have 1 on 1 duel and test my skills.

Regarding Watchdogs covenant, point is that for trophy you need 30 items which you get by game transferring you to intruders world and you killing the host, one who dare to step foot in Farron Keep area....It would be WAY MORE fun if this was doable like that, than farming those items late in first or even in third playthrough since than you would likely have most efficient gear to boost drop rate on those items. So far my luck was 1 summoning per night at best...

Regarding Watchdogs covenant, point is that for trophy you need 30 items which you get by game transferring you to intruders world and you killing the host, one who dare to step foot in Farron Keep area....It would be WAY MORE fun if this was doable like that, than farming those items late in first or even in third playthrough since than you would likely have most efficient gear to boost drop rate on those items. So far my luck was 1 summoning per night at best...

If you just need the 30 grassy things for the covenant, just to the "Perimeter" bonfire at Farron Keep, then quickly kill the three wolves that were sitting down near the bonfire, rest at bonfire and repeat.  You should get 30 grassy items within an hour or two.  It's very easy... since all three of them were sitting down, you could easily kill all them with at level 1 with a non-upgrade weapon.

If you want to pvp, just go to the Anor Londo bonfire.   There are all types of summon sign there for 1 vs 1 pvp.

If you need Proof of a Concord Kept, why not just farm it with your friends?   Just do this with two other friends, here is how I would do it.

1.  Use a low level character, the lower the better, preferably soul level 1.

2.  Have two of your friends at similar soul level (or within your summon range)

3.  Pick an isolated location what most low level people don't go there (also the area boss still alive).

4.  Have one of your friend play as Way of the Blue and another friend play as the invader, and you will play as the Blades of the Darkmoon ready to come to the rescue. 

5.  Just taking turn until all three of you get enough Proof of a Concord Kept.  It's much faster than farming Siver Knights.

Why is it important to have a low and similar soul level? Won't it work as well if you just use password matchmaking (which adjusts soul level accordingly)?

+ Isn't it more advantageous to have the invader be Aldritch Faithful, since that drops Proof of a Concord Well Kept? 

Why is it important to have a low and similar soul level? Won't it work as well if you just use password matchmaking (which adjusts soul level accordingly)?

+ Isn't it more advantageous to have the invader be Aldritch Faithful, since that drops Proof of a Concord Well Kept? 

I could never get the password matching to work for the covenant items.  I wish it does, but it doesn't.  Anyway, the reason I like the low level is to avoid um-invited guests.  For example, we could hang out at Anor Londo at level 1 in ember form all day and no one would invade because in order for the invaders to invade level 1 host, they have to be level 1 too.  Just how many red invaders out there at Anor Londo that are playing at level 1?   And because there aren't many other people that fit the summon criteria in that specific area, we would be the only people in town :)    Sure, the invaders could be anyone that can kill the host... we get Proofs for helping to protect the host from being killed by invaders.