Gap calculation wrong.

I just randomly noticed that if there a a long gap between the first and last trophy for a game (one month plus) then the time gap shown on the right is wrong at least in the hours and minutes.  Haven't bothered to check if the days and weeks are right.  I assume that this is true for everyone and not just me!

If there is a good reason for this, that I haven't thought of maybe someone could let me know.

Edit, I'm looking at unfinished/unplatinumed games.

Edited by aerosol_grey

On my broken age page the last trophy is x time plus about an hour after the first one but the gap shows x + 20 hours.

http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/3531-Broken-Age/aerosol_grey

Just did the calculation and the page shows

3 months 1 week 2 days 20 hours and 8 minutes

But I get (using an online calculator)

3 months 1 week 2 days 0 hours and 56 minutes

It doesn't bother me I just thought I would point it out.

Edited by aerosol_grey

On my broken age page the last trophy is x time plus about an hour after the first one but the gap shows x + 20 hours.

http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/3531-Broken-Age/aerosol_grey

Just did the calculation and the page shows

3 months 1 week 2 days 20 hours and 8 minutes

But I get (using an online calculator)

3 months 1 week 2 days 0 hours and 56 minutes

It doesn't bother me I just thought I would point it out.

Could be differences in how long we interpret a month, we base it on an average of 30.4 days.

Edit: Maybe limiting it to only show days. hours, minutes, seconds would be better?

"1 year, 7 months and 5 days" vs "585 days"

Could be differences in how long we interpret a month, we base it on an average of 30.4 days.

Edit: Maybe limiting it to only show days. hours, minutes, seconds would be better?

"1 year, 7 months and 5 days" vs "585 days"

Thanks for taking the time to explain it.  In my head I just assumed it would be the number of calender months irrespective of the amout of days in them. Upon giving it some thought I realise that system would be unfair if you were comparing times between members for the leader boards.

I'm personally happy with the years, months, days system as it is easier to read than a large number of days.  I took over 5 years to plat uncharted and seeing 1800+ days would mean very little.

• 6 months later...

Hey good folks,

I was about to start a thread but found this one, so I might as well post my examples of the same "problem" here I guess :)

Now where I saw Sly posting that a psnprofiles-month is 30,4 days long, it explains the calculations, but I think there are still a few times where it looks really odd, especially, if a game is finished in exactly a month.

# 1 - N++ (NA-List)

nt_zpsjahs7oun.jpeg

So, now where I know that a month here is exactly 30 days, 9 hours and 36 minutes, I can see, where this timespan comes from:

30 days + 9 hours + 36 min + 21 hours + 10 min

= 30 days, 30 hours, 46 min

= 31 days, 6 hours, 46 min (which includes the recent 1 hour daylight saving time, I assume)

Although I would say the correct timespan of 1 month, 5 hours (6 with DST) and 46 minutes would look nicer somehow :)

# 2 - GTA San Andreas (PS4)

gtasa_zps0jiulqx9.jpeg

Looks also weird here, where the game was actually completed in less then a month :D

# 3 - N++ (EU-List)

n2t_zpslklkcyw2.jpeg

This also leads to the odd looking thing that the difference from 10 PM to 5 PM the next day is 5 hours and not 19 :D

# 4 - Rocksmith

rst_zpsrmhlfzmf.jpeg

Or here: Weird to see that it's 6 hours from 3:57 PM to 4:33 PM and not 36 minutes :)

So, is it maybe possible to give each month his "real length"? :)