Rockstar has "tremendous success" with PS2 titles on PS4

smellslikejavier

Yeah, I don't know why they don't just remaster the trailers either. It'd be way better. The Dark Cloud ones were awful too, some guy struggling in the first dungeon against some bats. Think he even died to poison... and while that game does have a pretty stiff difficulty curve at the start, it's not *that* bad. And it's not as clunky as it looks with that guy playing it.

It's funny they put the most effort into advertising Kinetica, they even did that interview video of people from Santa Monica who worked on it. Nothing like that for any of the other ones, which is a shame because that would be a great way to promote them too. I

I would love b/c, just so I could be sure that if my PS2 died I could play them no problem. But I'd still prefer rebuying the games for the benefits of using the current OS and it's features. Plus, I like to support the games I like. And I was too young during the PSone/PS2 days to really be able to buy that many games new. So most were used, or second hand new. Feel guilty about it for a lot of them :P

yeah the publicity for kinetica was weird, i mean it was a somewhat obscure/unpopular game to begin with but i guess it meant something for santa monica since it was the first game they developed.

the thing about BC is that nowadays is difficult to find physical copies of some ps2 games that weren't much popular and the only few copies that you can find can even cost like a new next gen game depending on their rarity, the controversial horror game "rule of rose" is an example of this.

at least with this ps2 emulation we get trophy support and we can get them easily. that okage game is also somewhat difficult to get nowadays so it was nice to see a re-release of it through the ps store.

i also like to support the ps2 games that i like by paying full price for them, even more if they get a platinum. doing this is a great motivation for them to keep bringing more of the games that i like.

hopefully we get more ps2 leaks soon, as of now we know that ape escape 3, legaia 2, destroy all humans and red dead revolver are coming.

Edited by smellslikejavier

• 1 year later...
On 5/19/2016 at 6:22 PM, parkerdip said:

I hope so. I can see why they are having so much success with these great games. I have 4 of them so far. GTA 3,Vice City, San Andreas and Bully.

I’ve bought the GTA Trilogy because its a huge bang for your buck, i’ve also bought Bully, Red Dead Revolver and The Warriors. Rockstar needs to port GTA Chiantown Wars and both GTA Stories to PS4 with trophies, i’d buy them in a heartbeat! 

On 11/29/2017 at 10:13 PM, Soufwar said:

I’ve bought the GTA Trilogy because its a huge bang for your buck, i’ve also bought Bully, Red Dead Revolver and The Warriors. Rockstar needs to port GTA Chiantown Wars and both GTA Stories to PS4 with trophies, i’d buy them in a heartbeat! 

Both GTA Stories games will most likely be coming to the PS4. They were rated by the ESRB along with Midnight Club 3 and Max Payne 2 back in September I believe. I know that doesn't mean 100% they'll definitely be getting released but it's a good sign and it makes sense given the other GTA games are all part of the Classics Collection.

Rockstar seems to be the only dev consistently releasing PS2 classics, which is a shame because there are so many great games from that era that I would love to play again and it would be even sweeter because you get to earn trophies now for doing so.

• Like 1

On 12/5/2017 at 1:59 AM, The Alchemist said:

Both GTA Stories games will most likely be coming to the PS4. They were rated by the ESRB along with Midnight Club 3 and Max Payne 2 back in September I believe. I know that doesn't mean 100% they'll definitely be getting released but it's a good sign and it makes sense given the other GTA games are all part of the Classics Collection.

Rockstar seems to be the only dev consistently releasing PS2 classics, which is a shame because there are so many great games from that era that I would love to play again and it would be even sweeter because you get to earn trophies now for doing so.

All the games i want are: 

GTA stories (both games) and Chinatown wars

Black

GTA 1 and GTA 2 and its DLC, can you imagine to have that topdown goodness back? Holy shit