Lord of the Rings Online Review.

siuilarun

Hmmmm. I'm a big LotR fan (Fellowship is my favourite film ever), but I have no intention of playing this. It just looks.... well.... boring, and at no point in your video did i ever get that 'Middle Earth' vibe. Nothing about it reminds me of LotR.

Thank you for your review. I'd always been a tad curious about LotRO but now i know that downloading this would be a waste of time. I probably wouldn't enjoy it. I do like Star Trek Online though. (mostly the flying about and space combat)

Hmmmm. I'm a big LotR fan (Fellowship is my favourite film ever), but I have no intention of playing this. It just looks.... well.... boring, and at no point in your video did i ever get that 'Middle Earth' vibe. Nothing about it reminds me of LotR.

Yeah, short of the names of things fitting, there's nothing especially Tolkien about it. You can play a Hobbit, but WoW had Gnomes and DDO and EQ2 have Halflings, so it's really just a different name. Even the major established characters like Aragorn and Gandalf look like like typical soldiers and wizards. I didn't really want to say too much about them in the video (other than that they are there), because it'll mostly be LotRs fans playing it and they should get the 'OMG it's Tom Bombadil' moments that keeps getting the game downloaded. Like I alluded to, it's just another MMO and fans of that formula might enjoy it, because it certainly feels like one.

OT - I just wanted to say, siuiarun, I really like your avatar.

a classic.

Thank you! The 1upmushroom kind of the unofficial symbol of the site I contribute to, www.1upgamesonline.com. Because I'm pretty much the retro guy, I went with the 8 bit.

Edited by siuilarun