"Executed" issues (possible spoilers of mission tasks)

So I'm currently pushing for the MGS V TPP platinum medal, and as most of you who already have it will know, it all comes down to that final trophy. To finishing off Executed. To save myself from wanting to gouge my eyes out I'm doing maybe a couple of hours a day, and am currently sat at 75% mission tasks which brings me to a total of 92% overall completion.

I'm having real trouble with one of the tasks (strangely enough it's NOT lingua franca, managed that on my second attempt) and I'm not sure whether it's something I'm doing wrong or if my game is bugged a bit.

Mission 48 Extreme: Code Talker. No matter what I do, I can't seem to extract any of the skulls in this mission. I've tried sniping them with both the Brennan and the AMR, I've used grenade launchers and rocket launchers. I'm definitely getting their health down to nothing and they're going down, but when I run over to the bodies (sometimes only a handful of steps) there's no prompt to fulton them and even holding triangle doesn't seem to do it.There just always seems to be a cloud of black, almost smoke, around them.

I went off and did Metallic Archaea and extracted some skulls on that mission just fine, it was more a test to make sure I was doing things correctly. So I'm just wondering, did anyone else have some serious issues with this particular task? And how did they get around them?

I know I have plenty of other tasks to do (a large amount in both Back Up Back Downs that I've been putting off) but if I'm going to be unable to complete this one task it seems a bit pointless to slog through trying to complete the rest. Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

EDIT: Just checked, and I can confirm that I AM able to extract skulls on the first Code Talker mission. Just not on the extreme version...

Edited by Eladar1

I always have D-Dog with me, but I've not tried having him fulton, thanks. I'll give it a go.

EDIT: OK, So getting D-Dog to perform the fulton wasn't the cleanest way to do it, but it worked. Thanks. Only around 40 more mission objectives to go. This is why I only got conservationist yesterday, I just needed something to break all this up. This will be my first non-TTG plat I am determined of that, but all these objectives are killing me!! Especially as some of the missions with suckier ones (back up back down, war economy, etc.) have to be done twice.

Edited by Eladar1

I always have D-Dog with me, but I've not tried having him fulton, thanks. I'll give it a go.

EDIT: OK, So getting D-Dog to perform the fulton wasn't the cleanest way to do it, but it worked. Thanks. Only around 40 more mission objectives to go. This is why I only got conservationist yesterday, I just needed something to break all this up. This will be my first non-TTG plat I am determined of that, but all these objectives are killing me!! Especially as some of the missions with suckier ones (back up back down, war economy, etc.) have to be done twice.

It's all about perseverance buddy,

if you get stuck consider using some equipment you otherwise wouldn't to change it up - smoke, sleep grenades do wonders and if you're stuck doing all of them at the time do yourself  a favour and do them one by one some are way easier going guns blazing with powerful weaponry and armor and save stealth for later. Also Skulls armor is basically cheating if you have the mist I don't know if they patched it since i platinumed it but you can just run through enemy lines like a ghost - no one will see you and it makes the exteme stealth a breeze

Skulls armor is basically cheating if you have the mist I don't know if they patched it since i platinumed it but you can just run through enemy lines like a ghost - no one will see you and it makes the exteme stealth a breeze

Yeah, I've been using either skulls armour or a combination of stealth armour + raiden suit for the majority of them. I've tried breaking them down so it's just doing one. But then if the next one is at a deeper stage of the mission sometimes I'll be like "well I'll have to get here/sit through loads of stuff first" and I try to push on, and with some of the total stealth missions that has bitten me in the ass.

Main ones I'm worried about now are the extract all vehicles and tanks and stuff in Back Up Back Down, and Extract 7 tanks and 7 armored cars in mission 45. Even using guides I've been failing those, and therefore have elected to leave them until the end. Counted up earlier, and only need 32 more tasks and I've done the lot. But the aformentioned ones have already had a good 10 or 11 tasks worth of time sunk into them. Just hit the 140 hour playtime mark, so I feel I'm still doing ok, and should hopefully have everything wrapped up before 160.

Finally! 6 weeks after getting the game, 148 hours in, I finally got executed! Seriously, how the hell is that a silver?!

Still, that's my first non-telltale platinum. And I am very proud of it. Even if some of my rarer trophies were a hell of a lot easier to get!

• Like 1