Cheating is same thing as glitching?

Nesless

I dont think so. Glitches are kind of part of the game. Devs could easily undo a glitch by releasing a patch but, like the one on TLoU, it was left there.

Cheating is completely different. You are using something outside the game, like a code or program, to give you an advantage that you would not have. For instance, Ragnarok Odyssey Ace: on the PS3, lots of cheaters had weapons with 10k of raw power when the strongest weapon in-game could barely get to 1k.

• Like 2

agree with all this...cheating gives you an advantage that no one else has due to the use of modified equipment...glitches are within a game and everyone who plays has access to them...i do think that glitches can be considered cheating in certain circumstances...i have come across people who use glitches to access parts of maps in multiplayer competitive modes (team deathmatches, capture the flag, etc) which makes them immune to damage and untraceable on the minimap...i find this to be a bit of an annoyance...on the other hand, am totally ok with glitches for things like skipping difficulties in TLoU, for ranking up in GTA IV and the like...i would say that for the most part, keep the glitches out of competitive multiplayer matches...if it benefits the team then perhaps online co-op may be the place to exploit them...as for singleplayer, go nuts with the mods, hacks and glitches if that's your thing...just be sure not to unlock all of your trophies in under 3 minutes...you will be flagged...haha...