Anyone else stuck on Hammer And Anvil mission?

I've played through the mission twice now and I get stuck at the end, seems like a glitch.

The Kethor doesn't commit suicide and the shield generators remain shielded.

I can hear the communication about the suicide run but the ship just lies there in empty space... I kill all enemy ships and then it's just me, my wingmen, the two big friendly ships and the three shield generators. I've waited a pretty long time afterwards but there's just nothing happening anymore.

Edit: three times now. I keep getting the captain mentioning he's sacrificing himself, but the ship just sits there.

Edit: fourth time. Now the Kethor starts moving... past the shield generator it's supposed to collide with, and it keeps going on without doing anything.

Update: I have it now. I did not use the slow-mo power or the QUENTIN code, as I thought that one of those two might be messing it up. Got it first try.

Edited by BillyHorrible

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/11/2017 at 8:07 PM, Dreggit said:

For those. That look at this before my guide is publushed; using the invincibility cheat will bug 2 missions, this mission being one of the two

I think it also bugged the 'complete mission without any damage' trophy for me. Even without having the cheat activated I can't seem to get that one at all.  

11 hours ago, Charizarzar said:

I think it also bugged the 'complete mission without any damage' trophy for me. Even without having the cheat activated I can't seem to get that one at all.  

Mentioned in the trophy guide I wrote that particular trophy is buggy. While it is not supposed to count shield damage, it does and so you cannot be hit by any projectile regardless how light it may hit. It has been reported to me that the game sometimes also counts or does not count damage to the Force Jedi Shield. 

It is recommended to play Mission 1 on Easy and snipe any enemy spawns at a distance. Aim to avoid being hit all together

• Like 1

On 9/5/2017 at 9:33 AM, Dreggit said:

Mentioned in the trophy guide I wrote that particular trophy is buggy. While it is not supposed to count shield damage, it does and so you cannot be hit by any projectile regardless how light it may hit. It has been reported to me that the game sometimes also counts or does not count damage to the Force Jedi Shield. 

It is recommended to play Mission 1 on Easy and snipe any enemy spawns at a distance. Aim to avoid being hit all together

Thanks, finally managed to get it! The trick also seemed to be making sure I'd shot down all the enemy ships before going after the big one. 

Now to keep trying the Riding Shotgun bonus mission. Can't even manage to get 90 kills, let alone 150 or whatever the hidden objective is. 

9 hours ago, Charizarzar said:

Thanks, finally managed to get it! The trick also seemed to be making sure I'd shot down all the enemy ships before going after the big one. 

Now to keep trying the Riding Shotgun bonus mission. Can't even manage to get 90 kills, let alone 150 or whatever the hidden objective is. 

Yeah, unfortunately Riding Shotgun has a degree of rng to it