No-Mics Are a Problem

Rainbow Six Siege is the definition of a team-based tactical game. It focuses on heavy teamwork and communication. Now, knowing this, how are you supposed to coordinate attacks and plan strategies with people who have no way of talking to you? Does Ubisoft expect people to talk through party text chat if they don't have mics? I don't know how many times I've been able to flank and sneak around the enemy, but some no-micer was following me, ends up shooting his un-suppressed gun, kills me because I didn't know he was aiming over my shoulder, gets killed himself, now it's a 5 v. 3 situation. I think in order to make the game better, Ubisoft should include a matchmaking setting to only search for games with people with mics. This wouldn't completely solve the problem, but it sure would help. I think Ubisoft has done a great job of taking care of several, more important issues, like team-killing and balancing. Both of those issues have a greater priority than microphones, but I think it would be nice if in the next big patch or update to include this option for matchmaking.  

Yeah, what I hate about cross-game party chat and this generation is the lack of mics in the actual games now, it's really sad to have so many barriers to communication in the game to be honest. I hope the Modern Warfare Remaster will end up being how it used to be for example. Rainbow Six is sometimes hit or miss, but it's pretty good in comparison to other games though to be honest. Usually if me and a friend go in with headsets, others will turn theirs on and stuff but we still run into a lot of mic-less rooms.

I've also been really wanting mic-only lobbies in games, I think that would be a fantastic idea, just no developers have done that sort of thing yet. Hope to see it someday

They could have implemented text chat but didn't even though you'd think its common sense to put it in.

They have text chat on PC but alas I am a console peasant. Not like they could make it work well anyway. Having to bring up the virtual keyboard would suck.