How do you start story mode?

CasaDeBen

Maybe I am missing something, but I can only do tutorial in story mode, and survival. But in survival I am just a pomeranian that sucks past year 10

EDIT: So I have figured it out. You must play survival mode, and find the disks that unlock archives, when you have enough, story levels open up, so youll have to switch between the two modes often.

Edited by CasaDeBen

• 8 years later...
On 9/26/2012 at 9:11 AM, CasaDeBen said:

Maybe I am missing something, but I can only do tutorial in story mode, and survival. But in survival I am just a pomeranian that sucks past year 10

EDIT: So I have figured it out. You must play survival mode, and find the disks that unlock archives, when you have enough, story levels open up, so youll have to switch between the two modes often.

You need to go in survival mode and play until you find 3 blue items on the map.  They will be in present boxes and they represent archives or parts of the story.  After you get the 3, it will tell you that a story level was unlocked.  To play it though you need to die to end your survival run.

After Act 13 you will have to find 4 blue items and they are in a section of the sewers so you won't see them on the map initially.  After those 4 items you can play the final act 14 in story.

On 10/1/2012 at 8:40 AM, Sir_Bee said:

Wh.y does your Pomeranian suck past year 10? Did you figure out how to get farther?

It doesn't suck per se.  If you don't ever mate with a female your animal will start losing stats due to old age.  I once let it get so far it literally made my max hunger 0 and I was always starving so I had to mate quick to fix it.  You want to mate at least once every 9 or 10 years to be safe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir_Bee said:

@LegendExeter Thanks for the information.  Are you currently playing through Tokyo Jungle?  I only ask because this post was 9 years ago lol.  I barely remember the game, but I do remember that I quite enjoyed it :)

Yes I just finished it yesterday, getting Furry Fashioniesta and Can Do Creature of which the struggle was real!!

I searched a question on google yesterday and I found someone on gamefaqs 10 years ago asking the same question and no one ever responding.  I like making sure threads have an answer to them in case anyone ever needs that information again.  Since no one on gamefaqs or here has answered it, I still don't know the answer to the thread I made in this forum.

• Like 1