Suggestion: Monthly Review

It's great we have a statistics page that gives us an overview of our activity, but I was thinking over an idea of a monthly round up page for the site for all gamers that could include:

June 2016

Platform Activity

This is an overview of the popularity of each platform. It will be interesting in the months ahead to see how popular the PS3 and Vita are doing.

It will be based off the number of gamers tracked that earned trophies for the current month and last month. For each game where a trophy is earned the platform is checked. A platform is only counted once per gamer to return the %. For example:

Platform | Activity This Month | Activity Last Month

PS3 | 23.35% | 23.74%

PS4 | 19.35% | 18.95%

PS Vita | 10.01% | 10.36%

PS3 / PS4 | 15.68% | 15.58%

PS3 / PS4 / PS Vita | 12.39% | 12.14%

PS3 / Vita | 9.54% | 9.60%

PS4 / PS Vita | 9.68% | 9.60%

Top Ten Popular Games

This will give a list of the games that have been played the most (trophy earned) and will show a count of the number of gamers who have played it and popularity over the previous month, for example:

Rank | Game | This Month | Last Month | Movement

1 | Fallout 4 | 10,346 | 10,456 | Up 1

2 | Last Of Us Remastered | 10,110 | 10,563 | Down 1

3 | etc

4 | etc

Top Ten Platinums

This gives a tally of the number of games for the month where a platinum trophy has been earned, this will also show the rarity. This could give gamers who want an easy platinum an idea of games they might try next. For example:

Rank | Game | Platinum Achieved | Rarity | Fastest Platinum Achiever (not 100%, just first trophy to Platinum)

1 | ARCADE GAME SERIES: Ms. PAC-MAN | 423 | 50.54% | 30 minutes, 20 seconds

2 | etc

Top Ten Progression

This will give a list of the gamers who have achieved the most trophy progression for the month and their current rank on the leaderboards. We already know who is at the top of the leaderboards, this will show who is progressing most. For example:

Rank | PSNid | Platinum | Gold | Silver | Bronze | Points | Level Progression

1 | MrX | 23 | 76 | 234 | 563 | 26445 | 315%

2 | etc

11 | Your PSNid

Top Ten Ultra Rare Trophies

This will give a list of the gamers who have achieved the most Ultra Rare Trophies for the month giving a count of exactly how many they have earned. This could be useful for those who focus on rarity and want to see like minded gamers. For example:

Rank | PSNid | Ultra Rare Trophies earned

1 | MrY | 145

2 | etc

11 | Your PSNid

These are just some ideas, there may be better ones but I think it would be good to have a round up page for PSNProfiles in General. All information for the above is available from source data so nothing would be made up.

Thoughts?

• Like 4

i love statistics, the more the better. i mean psnp has all the info anyways... ;)

one of the things i miss the most would be what you called "progression". mostly my position on the leaderboard over time etc.

i _think_ YGC had a feature like that?!

but the other stuff (top platform, games, etc.) would also be super interesting!