Batman: Telltale Games launches digital August 2nd, "retail" September 13th (US) / 16th (EU)

crimsonidol38

The first episode of Batman: The Telltale Series, titled “Episode 1: Realm of Shadows,” will launch digitally worldwide on August 2 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, PC, Mac, iOS, and Android, Telltale Games announced.

Source: http://gematsu.com/2016/07/batman-telltale-series-episode-1-launches-august-2-world-premiere-trailer

I just saw this this morning on Steam, it looks good, however I don't expect much action because it is a Telltale game, not rocksteady.

Still I will buy it, however I always buy telltale game digitally, not with a physical disc because its a waste of space, plus there's no grantee that there's all the episodes.

• 2 weeks later...

So... 

GoT didn't have the whole season on disc,

Minecraft didn't have the whole season on disc, then had an additional pass you needed to buy anyway on top of the disc, 

and now Batman won't have the whole thing on disc.

Well, the main reason one would wait to buy it on disc, presumably, would be to have the whole thing on disc, by taking that away, you're taking away what is literally the main reason I'd buy it on disc. And no, this doesn't make me want to go digital, in fact, it makes me want to buy it, use the code, then return it like the prick I am and get the whole season for nothing since episode 1 always ends up free anyway.

Which brings up another point, you guys are being total ♥s to the preowned market, buy the new Telltale game new for 60, or buy it preowned for 55 or some jacked up price, and only end up getting episode one anyway? Real fucking nice.

Borderlands came out a bit later and had the lot on disc. That's how it used to be, that's how it should be, and the fact you could even try anything else is fucking retarded. Buying the disc is really useless, you may as well just give people a PDF of the cover with purchase of the season pass because you're getting a the season pass and a useless disc and a cover, that's it.

Most likely it will require the disc to play those downloaded parts. Almost all games require this.