Playstation Plus subscriptions double thanks to Instant Game Collection

Lady Lilith

http://www.afterdawn.com/news/article.cfm/2012/09/30/playstation_plus_memberships_double_thanks_to_instant_game_collection

playstation-plus.jpgAccording to Sony, PlayStation Plus membership doubled during the week of E3 this year.

Additionally, Jack Buser, Senior Director of PlayStation digital platforms at SCEA says the PlayStation Network has seen its highest "transactional sales" quarter ever. PSN has been live for over 6 years.

If the wording was confusing, Buser was saying that more people purchased content right from PSN for the quarter ended June 30th than ever before.

At the same time, Sony unveiled the Instant Game Collection for PlayStation Plus users, which gives access to free games if you are a subscriber.

"At E3 we announced the Instant Game Collection," Buser added. "That's when we focused the value proposition of the membership on the notion that if you're a member, you have access to an instant library of games. That week of E3, we saw a 2-times lift of new membership sales. It just skyrocketed."

The top downloaded games for months now have been inFamous 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Just Cause 2, Ratchet & Clank All 4 One and Gotham City Imposters.

Unsurprising, considering the massive Plus update in June. Still nice to see.

I don't really think that the IGC is worth it,, The initial set of Games was fantastic, Borderlands and Walking Dead are amazing games, but a lot of other games have been upsetting such as Bloodrayne, Outland, Double Dragon Neon, Scott Pilgrim and games like Choplifter HD. My subscription expires on Oct. 17 don't plan on renewing it unless they give out Abe's Odyssee for free at one point.

I thought this was going to be about them doubling the price due to them giving away free stuff... phew. I have been on board for awhile and if there was an increase, I may not be happy, but I am sure I would deal. But doubling would make me sad. Carry on.