analog sticks

bigpocketpair

I use my vita a lot and my analog sticks are starting to go. Mainly it's the left one that seems to have a mind of its own. It's gotten progressively worse and will not be touched yet still move all over the place in game. It's never one direction it can "stick" in any of the four directions at any time. The only time it's fine is when I am using it, so I can't "sit still" in FPS or anything.

Is this a problem I could get fixed at a local repair shop or do I just need to buy a new vita? It's a slim version that came with Borderlands 2.

I had this same problem with a PS3 controller, the stick just keeps pointing up and I had to get a new one to play games without having to fight against the left stick. The controller does come in handy to farm things while afk. But anyway, if it's cheaper to repair it, don't waste money getting a new vita. It'll only keep getting worse otherwise.

I use my vita a lot and my analog sticks are starting to go. Mainly it's the left one that seems to have a mind of its own. It's gotten progressively worse and will not be touched yet still move all over the place in game. It's never one direction it can "stick" in any of the four directions at any time. The only time it's fine is when I am using it, so I can't "sit still" in FPS or anything.

Is this a problem I could get fixed at a local repair shop or do I just need to buy a new vita? It's a slim version that came with Borderlands 2.

I remember reading someone having this problem and fixing this software way by rebuilding database.

Try searching for this problem.

Plus, afaik Vita sticks can be replaced.

Confirmed: Vita sticks can be replaced: http://www.dx.com/p/replacement-analog-stick-joystick-for-playstation-vita-black-199587#.V6Mz47grJhE$6.84 shipped.

Directions: https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/PlayStation+Vita+Left+Joystick+Replacement/8092

Mine went and had them repaired at a shop. Of course if its real expensive might as well get a new one. Or you can do it yourself if you feel you can do it.