Something you might not know. To make more money.

kmosesltd

So I learned this the other day, while I was in my space station at the global trader interface.

When you see a gold star next to an item, it means that that item sells for close to 100% above the base price of the item. So for example in my case, plutonium regularly sells for about 40u/1 item, in the space station they sell for 87u/1 item.

Keep in mind this special price is only in the space station. So the other traders and outlets would sell at regular price. This is great if youre in the space station and say Grantine is up for special pricing, regular 35,000u/1 item, on special for 80,000u/ 1 item.

Go to the traders that come into the space station, buy the Grantine at regular price, then go into the space station store and sell at twice the value.

Just something I noticed, I know some or all of you might know about this but it's something to keep in mind if you're looking for a legitimate way to make money quick.

• Like 1

So I learned this the other day, while I was in my space station at the global trader interface.

When you see a gold star next to an item, it means that that item sells for close to 100% above the base price of the item. So for example in my case, plutonium regularly sells for about 40u/1 item, in the space station they sell for 87u/1 item.

Keep in mind this special price is only in the space station. So the other traders and outlets would sell at regular price. This is great if youre in the space station and say Grantine is up for special pricing, regular 35,000u/1 item, on special for 80,000u/ 1 item.

Go to the traders that come into the space station, buy the Grantine at regular price, then go into the space station store and sell at twice the value.

Just something I noticed, I know some or all of you might know about this but it's something to keep in mind if you're looking for a legitimate way to make money quick.

That's a great find, could you also post it in the No Man's Sky guide comments?

Wait, the gold star thing isn't common knowledge? 

If you sit in a Space Station, many ships will come in, each will have their own prices. Many will have different 'Star' prices.

I don't know if it's common knowledge, the game really doesn't explain much in the way of how things work.

Some people might not know this, and might be wanting to figure out a way to make quick money without having to resort to cheating or exploits.

I just put this here so it can help people people.

While they do have different prices per ship, they don't have different inventories.

It kinda sucks the "Galactic Trade Network" is basically localized.

You're right in a sense that it sucks that it's localized but the gold star on the space station is the one that really matters because it doesn't change until you go to a different solar system.

Whereas the gold stars on the starship that come into the space station do change.

I don't know if it's common knowledge, the game really doesn't explain much in the way of how things work.

Some people might not know this, and might be wanting to figure out a way to make quick money without having to resort to cheating or exploits.

I just put this here so it can help people people.

While technically fair enough, I've played a wide array of games that indicate special status with stars. When I first indicated a Star on a element, I assumed it meant special status, and a few seconds to look indicated I was correct. I mean sorry if my view on it is negative or anything. to me it seemed basic gaming simplicity. Don't mean to be rude.

While technically fair enough, I've played a wide array of games that indicate special status with stars. When I first indicated a Star on a element, I assumed it meant special status, and a few seconds to look indicated I was correct. I mean sorry if my view on it is negative or anything. to me it seemed basic gaming simplicity. Don't mean to be rude.

I didn't take it as rude lol.

To be honest, when I first started this game, I saw the star and didn't think anything of it, thought the amazing as you that it meant something special, but I didn't bother checking into it or looking at the finer numbers.

Some people just may not know still...