Thoughts on game

Oobedoob S Benubi

So how is this game?

I just stumbled upon it in the PlayStation store and noticed it because of a big "PlayStation VR compatible" banner. I don't know anything about the game but it looks compelling.

You can add this game to file with Journey or Abzu. It is beautiful game on look with finely made storytelling. The difference between journey etc is that this game is actual game not just walking simulator. First playthrough will take you like 2,5 hours but real core of game is its mastering in every level. Every level has multiple way how to reach the end. Some shortcuts are so big that it will cut the level from 25 minutes long to only 5 minutes.

And the rest.... Graphc, art, sound, music and those moves of main protagonist... Incredible

• Like 2

You can add this game to file with Journey or Abzu. It is beautiful game on look with finely made storytelling. The difference between journey etc is that this game is actual game not just walking simulator. First playthrough will take you like 2,5 hours but real core of game is its mastering in every level. Every level has multiple way how to reach the end. Some shortcuts are so big that it will cut the level from 25 minutes long to only 5 minutes.

And the rest.... Graphc, art, sound, music and those moves of main protagonist... Incredible

Thanks a lot. I'm ashamed to admit that I have played neither Journey or Abzu but I know from other opinions that I will definitely enjoy Journey once I get it. Don't know anything about Abzu, must look into that title. Combining the trailer of Bound with the general reviews and your post I guess I'll just put Bound on my to-get list then.

Thanks a lot. I'm ashamed to admit that I have played neither Journey or Abzu but I know from other opinions that I will definitely enjoy Journey once I get it. Don't know anything about Abzu, must look into that title. Combining the trailer of Bound with the general reviews and your post I guess I'll just put Bound on my to-get list then.

You should definitely get to Journey! I played it on PS3 and found it to be absolutely gorgeous visually, with some great mythology and lore too (if you pay close attention to the hieroglyphs). Then a few years later they release it on PS4 in 1080p, 60FPS. Haven't played it yet, but I'm guessing my jaw's gonna drop again.

You should definitely get to Journey! I played it on PS3 and found it to be absolutely gorgeous visually, with some great mythology and lore too (if you pay close attention to the hieroglyphs). Then a few years later they release it on PS4 in 1080p, 60FPS. Haven't played it yet, but I'm guessing my jaw's gonna drop again.

Yeah I did get flOw and Flower on PS4 and saw Journey when it was announced for PS4. Just haven't gotten to it yet. Was about to play it on PS Now but that wanted me to give my credit card info and there's no way.

I'll definitely get it though, somewhere down the line.

It's a game that seems like your typical indie darling but it's much more than that. The gameplay is basic enough for everyone to understand but can also be deeper for those looking to master the platforming.

However, trophy-wise it's one of the hardest games out there due to all the speedrun related trophies. So, take that in mind.

It's a game that seems like your typical indie darling but it's much more than that. The gameplay is basic enough for everyone to understand but can also be deeper for those looking to master the platforming.

However, trophy-wise it's one of the hardest games out there due to all the speedrun related trophies. So, take that in mind.

I'm not a completionist, the beauty of the game is enough for me. I don't mind if a title sits on my profile with only a couple of trophies, all that matters is that I had a fun time while completing the story. I just look at the trophies these days to see if there's something more the devs wanted me to experience.

For me Bound wouldn't be as special if it didn't have all these difficult trophies. For example i enjoyed Abzu and thought it was majestic, beautiful, and sometimes mesmerizing but it didn't struck a cord with me the way Bound has. That's not to say Bound's story and presentation aren't good is just that learning to master all the levels and find all the hidden paths have been more fulfilling to me.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Heads up everybody who doesn't have this, Bound is on sale in the EU store. It's two games for 50% off, so if there's another game you like in there then Bound is now just €10 instead of €20. Seeing the reactions on this thread, having read some reviews and having tried the demo in VR myself, I really want to get it, I just don't know what other game to get with it yet.

Yeah I did get flOw and Flower on PS4 and saw Journey when it was announced for PS4. Just haven't gotten to it yet. Was about to play it on PS Now but that wanted me to give my credit card info and there's no way.

I'll definitely get it though, somewhere down the line.

So Journey was on PS+ in September and I almost immeadiately played it :D

I loved it, will definitely play through it at least once more, somewhere down the line.

• 5 years later...