Thoughts on the game?

Oobedoob S Benubi

Well, if you've written a review anyway it's easier to link to your opinion than to rehash for the sake of having a "true" post :)

It gave me some good aditional insights into the game, thanks. I've read some other stuff online meanwhile and I'll buy this eventually. My backlog is still big enough for me to be busy with other stuff for the moment. I was hoping for this to be a great experience like Fez, but alas.no reviews seem to point that way.

• Like 1

Well, if you've written a review anyway it's easier to link to your opinion than to rehash for the sake of having a "true" post :)

It gave me some good aditional insights into the game, thanks. I've read some other stuff online meanwhile and I'll buy this eventually. My backlog is still big enough for me to be busy with other stuff for the moment. I was hoping for this to be a great experience like Fez, but alas.no reviews seem to point that way.

Thanks very much, and thanks for reading it. Yeah, it's an OK game, but nothing I'd recommend buying. Its aesthetics and music are nice, but it's very short and a bit buggy.

• 2 months later...

I've only finished the first world. So far it's a neat mechanic, but I find that most of the time I'm doing a lot of trial and error attempts rather than sitting and thinking / figuring the puzzles out properly. It's also extremely finicky at times, where you need to make sure the screen is frozen in just the right place with split-second precision timing, so there's a lot of unnecessary deaths.

This is coming off having just completed Hue though, which was a game with a mechanic that was simply and beautifully executed, so my thoughts may be skewed.

Edited by vsmantis

• 2 months later...

You know what? Fuck it, I'm buying the game. There's way too few people on here that have it for the reviews it's been getting, I like sponsoring a platformer with a twist and it's only €3, that's nothing in the grand scheme of things seeing as I'm going to drop €20 on Snipperclips.

On 25/11/2016 at 4:58 PM, vsmantis said:

I've only finished the first world. So far it's a neat mechanic, but I find that most of the time I'm doing a lot of trial and error attempts rather than sitting and thinking / figuring the puzzles out properly. It's also extremely finicky at times, where you need to make sure the screen is frozen in just the right place with split-second precision timing, so there's a lot of unnecessary deaths.

This is coming off having just completed Hue though, which was a game with a mechanic that was simply and beautifully executed, so my thoughts may be skewed.

I've got a good tolerance for finnicky platformers and I like figuring out puzzles, so I'll probably be fine.

Hue is on my wish list as well but at this point my backlog is still much too big to drop €15 on such a short game. If it would go for €5 then sure, count me in but I'm trying to buy less.

Edited by BillyHorrible

• 3 years later...
On 25/02/2017 at 8:53 AM, The Shopkeeper said:

You know what? Fuck it, I'm buying the game. There's way too few people on here that have it for the reviews it's been getting, I like sponsoring a platformer with a twist and it's only €3, that's nothing in the grand scheme of things seeing as I'm going to drop €20 on Snipperclips.

I've got a good tolerance for finnicky platformers and I like figuring out puzzles, so I'll probably be fine.

Hue is on my wish list as well but at this point my backlog is still much too big to drop €15 on such a short game. If it would go for €5 then sure, count me in but I'm trying to buy less.

Did manage to get the two trophies related to screen locks / warps? It seems to be glitched.

• 1 year later...

I bought it and have been enjoying it. It's a pretty unique puzzle game and the graphics are pretty. I can see the screen warp and pausing trophies being tough, because you really need to pause the game at almost a perfect time for some of them and the guide says you cant make very many mistakes. I just beat world 1 - took about a half hour. Looking to attempt the 100%.