Rise of iron spark of light question?

Grumpywomble

does anyone know if you only get the level 40 spark of light if you buy the whole game?

preordered the rise of iron dlc from the playstation store. All ready had the taken king with the 25 level spark of light.

got 2 of my 3 almost now up to level 40 this would come in handy as i wouldent need to do the last one if that was the case lol.

thanks for any input on this :-)

Edited by Grumpywomble

does anyone know if you only get the level 40 spark of light if you buy the whole game?

preordered the rise of iron dlc from the playstation store. All ready had the taken king with the 25 level spark of light.

got 2 of my 3 almost now up to level 40 this would come in handy as i wouldent need to do the last one if that was the case lol.

thanks for any input on this :-)

Not 100% sure but players got the lv 25 spark of light for just getting TTK expansion without the full game so I would assume it's the same for Rise of Iron.

I expect you will still get the Spark of Light for the level 40 boost. I pre-ordered the collection and received a level 25 Spark of Light from The Taken King expansion. Used that on one character and am waiting to create my last character after Rise of Iron launches and the level 40 Spark of Light becomes available.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I have a question about the Spark of Light. Will it lock out any trophies if I use it? I'm going for the Platinum and 100%, and I really hate grinding in games. Should I use it or should I play the game naturally?

Edited by LeetWolf2

3 minutes ago, LeetWolf2 said:

I have a question about the Spark of Light. Will it lock out any trophies if i use it? I'm going for the Platinum and 100%, and I really hate grinding n games. Should I use it or should I play the game naturally?

It won't, as it just kicks you to level 40 and gives you appropriate gear for starting out. The only issue with the Spark of Light is it doesn't level your subclasses at all so you're stuck with no abilities until you level more. 

• Like 1

Just now, Gage said:

It won't, as it just kicks you to level 40 and gives you appropriate gear for starting out. The only issue with the Spark of Light is it doesn't level your subclasses at all so you're stuck with no abilities until you level more. 

But I can level my subclass after I use the Spark? Will it take longer if I'm level 40?

22 minutes ago, LeetWolf2 said:

But I can level my subclass after I use the Spark? Will it take longer if I'm level 40?

There are no drawbacks to using the Spark. It is just designed to get you playing with the rest of the population. I've used it on one of my characters with no problem, no delay in leveling subclass abilities or earning trophies. One of my friends has the plat and has used the spark on all three characters. You are 100% good to go. Good luck on that Platinum! It's a fun one.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Gage said:

Just now, Orenn16 said:

There are no drawbacks to using the Spark. It is just designed to get you playing with the rest of the population. I've used it on one of my characters with no problem, no delay in leveling subclass abilities or earning trophies. One of my friends has the plat and has used the spark on all three characters. You are 100% good to go. Good luck on that Platinum! It's a fun one.

Thanks for the advice :D

30 minutes ago, LeetWolf2 said:

It doesn't take longer, but the length of the leveling it is likely more noticeable when you aren't playing through all the originally content too because it takes a pretty long amount of time to level a subclass fully. 

• Like 1