Lego Harry Potter Collection: 5-7 missing a trophy

I enjoyed 1-4 a lot more, but I can't really say exactly why. Something in 5-7 just felt... lacking.

Still really excited to play both again whenever I can afford this collection, though. Love Harry Potter.

It's a shame they didn't fix the trophy descriptions though. There is no "Year 8" - Deathly Hallows is year 7 split into 2 parts.

Edited by madbuk
  • Like 2

• 6 months later...

I think the reason for 5-7 feeling subpar is that it's a lot more fragmented. Which works well when you're going through the story. But going back through levels in Free Play is an absolute chore. For example, the HBP level Love Hurts. The first part is in Slughorn's Office, gathering the ingredients to cure Ron.Then the next bit is Slughorn's Office AGAIN with the only stuff being changed is story relevant puzzle stuff.Then you cut to the bathroom duel with Malfoy. And after a through sweep of the area, you'll still be shy two crests. But you have no idea if that's because you're that blind or there's another section. And there's no way to know unless you have a really good memory or you have a guide. It's bothersome.

That and the Weasley boxes confuse me. The twins make custom boxes that open for every member of the family, including Percy. But not Harry, Hermione, or Lee Jordan? I don't buy it.

• Like 1

• 5 years later...
On 30/04/2017 at 6:30 AM, Kingdom Keeper said:

But not Harry, Hermione, or Lee Jordan? I don't buy it.

Because Harry, Hermione and Lee Jordan aren't Weasley's, the box only opens for the Weasley Family members, ie Molly, Ron, Ginny, the Twins, Percy, Bill, Arthur as apposed to their extended family whom later become part of their family through marriage, like Harry, Hermione, Fleur for example.  Only characters with the surname, Weasley can open them. 

Ron's Disguise variant, Dragomir can also open the box.

Edited by alexandra-jane09

• 2 months later...
On 12/4/2022 at 7:12 AM, alexandra-jane09 said:

Because Harry, Hermione and Lee Jordan aren't Weasley's, the box only opens for the Weasley Family members, ie Molly, Ron, Ginny, the Twins, Percy, Bill, Arthur as apposed to their extended family whom later become part of their family through marriage, like Harry, Hermione, Fleur for example.  Only characters with the surname, Weasley can open them. 

Ron's Disguise variant, Dragomir can also open the box.

I was saying that this qualifier doesn’t make sense for something Fred and George made. Yes, they love their family. But they also have the Marauder’s Map to Harry, not Ron. They obviously care about people outside their family, so to not let them in on the joke seems rude. Also, why does Percy get box privileges? They take every opportunity to goof on him. I get the idea from a gameplay perspective, but it makes no sense from a character perspective.

• 1 month later...
On 24/02/2023 at 11:53 AM, Kingdom Keeper said:

I was saying that this qualifier doesn’t make sense for something Fred and George made. Yes, they love their family. But they also have the Marauder’s Map to Harry, not Ron. They obviously care about people outside their family, so to not let them in on the joke seems rude. Also, why does Percy get box privileges? They take every opportunity to goof on him. I get the idea from a gameplay perspective, but it makes no sense from a character perspective.

Well blame the developers for just making those called Weasley or a Weasley in disguise like Dragomir for example for that.  Despite the way they tease Percy and families are like that, they like to chide each other all the time, but they still love each other and despite  being a snob, Percy returns to the family fold [ certainly in the books, I didn't see that in the movie ].  Although the ai was a little patience driving, I thought the games were fun.  I don't think character accuracy is very important in these, the HP games from the PS2 weren't exactly accurate either - although I only played up to Order of the Pheonix.