Exploit to Make the Game Much Easier

Just wanna share a method some people on GameFAQs found to make the vast majority of the game a cakewalk. Copying this from my WIP trophy guide for the JP version because I don't know when that's getting done since I started it so long ago and now the EN version is out, but I'm not getting that until Christmas.

Dreamblade Charge Method

This is by far the most useful tool in your arsenal and will make a large majority of the game an absolute cakewalk. To use it, you will need the copy or real version of Dreamcast and the real version of Mega Drive to unlock Segami's Dreamcast Transformation and Mega Drive's second class, respectively. On a New Game+, you'll simply need a copy version of Mega Drive as Segami will retain all of her transformations from the previous playthrough and Mega Drive will retain her second class.

• Change Mega Drive's class to her second class so you can use her Charge skill.
  • Place Mega Drive's STR/VIT debuff skill in her active skills (it costs 80 SP).
  • Set up your party so that only Segami and Mega Drive are in the front lines.
  • Use whatever battle formation increases your strength the most.
  • Make sure to max out your fever in regular battles before taking on the desired foe.
  • Segami and Mega Drive into battle go.
  • If using Segami, transform into Dreamcast (it's the lowest of the skills at the top that all cost 200 SP). Have her use an STR item on herself if you have one.
  • As Mega Drive, use your STR/VIT debuff on the enemy to lower those stats (skip this if facing Time Eater).
  • Have whoever goes second activate fever. If Segami activates it, skip her turn after activation.
  • Have Mega Drive use Charge on Segami and then skip her turn.
  • Have Segami use Dreamblade for massive damage (it's the skill that doesn't have an SP requirement).
  • Repeat steps 10 and 11 until satisfied.
Been doing this from the start on the Korean version and I managed to beat Time Eater (Normal) at Level 34 without doing many sidequests. That's how useful it is.

You will need to try to keep your levels up, however. While it's very strong, going into a boss terribly underleveled will get you destroyed anyway as your low STR stat will make each hit do very little damage.

You will need to release Segami's class level limit to Level 50 and level up her second class to get her STR stat as high as possible for Delphinus due to her stupidly high defense. Getting her ultimate weapon via NG+ quests is also recommended at that point to make Delphinus a cakewalk.

Edited by Asuna Kagurazaka
  • Like 4

That strategy is ridiculously broken, I managed to deal with Delphinus and the Sega Hard Girls enemies for the ultimate equipment in two turns (around 4 with Delphinus because my Segami had no max level on her Virtuoso class), the time eater becomes a lame eater with that strategy (even the true ending fight is lame with this).

• 7 months later...

I have Mega Drive and all three of her classes maxed out yet I don't see this charge ability among her skills is there something special you need to do to get it or did they cut it out in the US version which is the one i have. I ask because Delphines is giving me some trouble and i need to take that fool out.

17 hours ago, KhaosYX5Z said:

I have Mega Drive and all three of her classes maxed out yet I don't see this charge ability among her skills is there something special you need to do to get it or did they cut it out in the US version which is the one i have. I ask because Delphines is giving me some trouble and i need to take that fool out.

You beat the game without Charge? Nice job, man.

Anyway. Charge is Drive's Class Skill, you only need to set her class and it will automatically be available in the movepool =)