Modern Warfare 4 (Semi-confirmed)

I honestly was not expecting a Modern Warfare 4. I am entirely serious, I thought MW3 was the last. Anyway, the voice of Captain Price mentioned he was working on a sequel to MW3 with Infinity Ward. Of course Infinity Ward has denied these rumors, but this happens every year that the next COD gets leaked, then denied, and then months later announced. Infinity Ward obviously is lying, and obviously MW4 is a reality. As one of the few people that seemed to like MW3 on this site at least, I find this news exciting. Below I have two stories both from GameInformer.com who owns the rights to both articles. They can be found here: http://www.gameinfor...oice-actor.aspx and here: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/10/31/infinity-ward-denies-modern-warfare-4-rumor.aspx

Rumor: Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 4 Confirmed By Voice Actor

by Kyle Hilliard on October 31, 2012 at 09:27 AM

modernwarfare4_610.jpg

Update: Infinity Ward has since denied this report.

----------------------------------

The voice actor behind the cigar of Captain Price casually confirmed to a fan that he is working on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 4 with Infinity Ward.

Bill Murray (who only shares a name with Peter Venkman's alter ego and is not actually the same person) mentioned his involvement to a fan who recognized the actor's voice while on a plane. This is by no means a confirmation of a new Call of Duty, but the series has had an annual release every year since 2005, so there is that.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II, or as I like to call it, Call of Duty '13, is set for release November 13.

Infinity Ward Denies Modern Warfare 4 Rumor

by Jim Reilly on October 31, 2012 at 06:58 PM

mw3heli610.jpg

Yesterday, a report surfaced claiming the voice actor for Captain Price, Bill Murray, confirmed Modern Warfare 4 was in development at Infinity Ward. The studio has since denied it.

"Interesting news today, but it’s not true," Infinity Ward said on Twitter. "We’ve not talked with any voice actors, so all news is speculation."

Edited by DanielVT
  • Like 1

I'm not sure I'm going to be playing COD again. It's nothing against the series but after having World at War, Black Ops, and Modern Warfare 3 with DLC that's $14.99 each and being worthless, I don't want to spend $59.99 to only then turn around and pay another $59.99 for map packs. I might pick up Black Ops II, but it'll more than likely be the last COD I'll play.

And is it me, or does COD need some serious single-player/story DLC packs?? If they released a map pack and released a seperate pack with spec ops/story content, I'd be more than willing to pick it up without a problem as COD's campaign never gets boring (but frustrating at times).

• Like 1

I always say I'm not going to buy the next CoD and then I watch gameplay, then I pace questioning whether I should pre-order or not, I decide not to pre-order, the next day I go out and pre-order, then it releases and I enjoy the hell out of it. :rolleyes:

So, I'm not interested in Modern Warfare 4 at all, but it's a safe bet come November 2013 I'll probably be playing it. If the game focuses on Price it could be a lot of fun, actually.

Parker

• Like 1

I always say I'm not going to buy the next CoD and then I watch gameplay, then I pace questioning whether I should pre-order or not, I decide not to pre-order, the next day I go out and pre-order, then it releases and I enjoy the hell out of it. :rolleyes:

So, I'm not interested in Modern Warfare 4 at all, but it's a safe bet come November 2013 I'll probably be playing it. If the game focuses on Price it could be a lot of fun, actually.

Parker

That would be interesting. I hope it focuses on the back story of Price when he wasn't a Captain. Like in the missions "All Ghillied Up" and "One Shot, One Kill". They could start off before those 2 missions or after. Or they could continue on with Nikolai as the main character, I'm not sure if he died off in MW3 or not.

I'm not sure I'm going to be playing COD again. It's nothing against the series but after having World at War, Black Ops, and Modern Warfare 3 with DLC that's $14.99 each and being worthless, I don't want to spend $59.99 to only then turn around and pay another $59.99 for map packs. I might pick up Black Ops II, but it'll more than likely be the last COD I'll play.

And is it me, or does COD need some serious single-player/story DLC packs?? If they released a map pack and released a seperate pack with spec ops/story content, I'd be more than willing to pick it up without a problem as COD's campaign never gets boring (but frustrating at times).

I agree completely. Edited by DRaGoN-_-TaMeR