delphinus

To those who beat delphinus tell us what class your character was in and level and what formation and whats the best usage like what skills did you use and items to use against it and what characters you use and equipment weapons, armor etc. All of it

Edited by sandra1957

I just followed this http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/42226-exploit-to-make-the-game-much-easier/unread/

Have a 2 person party of Mega Drive and Segami, in the Power Shift formation. Segami was equipped with a 16t Weight +7 and a Lost Gami-Ring and was a lvl 50 Virtuoso, and Mega Drive equipment didn't matter. Just start the battle by having Megadrive debuff Delphinus and cast Charge onto Segami. Have Segami's first turn be using a STR Booster Z and transform into Dreamcast. From there, you can follow the strategy and be good.

(I actually won the battle without using a STR increasing setup. My Segami only had 1888 strength and barely won by doing a final spell after using all 3 Dream Blade Specials. If you have strength above 1900 after all bonuses, this should be an easy win)

• Like 1

Lost gami-ring location

Shop

And to be more specific, I believe you need to be at Eludication* Level 26 to unlock it in the store.

*Referring to that Level on the top-right corner of the world map. Just using the name I got from Google Translating the JP Wiki because I've only played the JP and Korean versions so far.

Edited by Asuna Kagurazaka
  • Like 1

speaking of dephinus, how exactly do you trigger the quest to fight him? I did everything except the character specific ones and it won't give me anything else.

Do you need to be in NG+?

You need to be in NG+. As for how to unlock Delphinus you need to certain quests to unlock her. (Will update with the quest)

Based on an old gamefaqs guide http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/136848-superdimension-neptune-vs-sega-hard-girls/72929830

1. Do all the introductory quests until you can do the quest that allows you to open other dimensions, "Arrive at ________ Era" (where the blank is the name of the era)

2. Do all of the Arrival quests to open up all of the areas.

3. Do the next storyline Dreamcast quest "Back at Dreamcast Era"

4. Talk to the hunter npc to open up Macarasco Troll Ruins. Enter the location watch the event

5. Do the next storyline Dreamcast quest "Convince Uzume"

6. After completing the quest, return back to the Dreamcast era Macarasco Troll Ruins for another event

7. The next events won't trigger until you lose to the Time Eater for the 1st time, so do whatever you want. However, if you want to aim to do this as fast as possible, do as many Megadrive missions as possible.

8. After losing to the Time Eater, IF will appear in the library. Talk to her to hear her interest in discovering the history of the ruins.

9. Complete the Game Gear era mission "Explore the Macarasco Troll Ruins" which requires you to kill 5 High Lizards

10. Complete the Game Gear era mission "Perfection" which requires you to collect 3 Shampuru Ears

11. IF should now appear in the library again. Talk to her about going further back in time for the ruins.

12. Complete the Saturn era mission "Mystery of the Macarasco Troll Ruins" which requires you to kill 5 Carroteers

13. IF should now appear in the library again. Talk to her about going further back in time for the ruins.

14. Complete the Mega Drive era mission "Secrets of the Macarasco Troll Ruins" which requires you to kill 5 Ruin Guardians

15. If you haven't done so already, talk to all of the NPCs in the Mega Drive and Saturn era. They should consist of the Spelunker/Cave explorer, the Magical Girl, Player 1 (Mario), and Madame (Older Girl with white dress and worried face). If not all of them show up, do more Mega Drive Quest. At first, Madame Butterfly didn't show up for me, but I did "Dream Machine". "Plus Minus", "Energy for the New Generation", "Broken Robot 1", and "Medicine Bills: Spring" and got her to appear.

If you did this all right Medame Butterfly should have given you the plan "The Name is Delphinus"), that'll let you fight Delphinus in the Mega Drive era Macarasco Troll Ruins

Edited by bladesoframen

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm on NG+ and Mega Drive doesn't have her Charge ability anywhere. Level 15 Scholar and level 20 Skill Buster. Where did it go?

Nvm. It showed up when I went into battle again. It wasn't there at first in battle and I couldn't find it in the equipment/status menu. Odd

Edited by DrHambone

• 3 years later...

This is an old thread, but I think this could be helpful about unlocking Delphinus:

Following the steps detailed here, on the guide and even from someone on gamefaqs did not help me unlock the second conversation with Madame. I did all the steps written above, but only got the conversation after completing all Mega Drive era quests, including the "last" one where you fight Mega Drive in M/J Box. Only after I turned this quest to Histoire that Madame appeared a second time.