never played, is it worth?

untuvakana

As many before me have said, It's a great game but not a great resi IMO. started a bad trend and dark days for capcom. I liked it but didn't love it. I'm just a resi purist, 0-3 are my faves especially the REmake. If you haven't played that i highly recommend that 

EDIT, you have played REmake, go plat that. a very fun plat

Edited by shakie19

• 4 weeks later...

I'll be honest I went a year ago or so on my PS2 and tried loading up the game. It sucked and the graphics were outdated.

I bought the remaster on PS4 and was not let down. It was amazing and totally worth the money and time invested. If you buy it you will not be dissapointed.

• 1 year later...

I’m only halfway through so far but I can say that I’m completely hooked. I’m new to the Resident Evil franchise and after playing the first few games I thought I’d be turned off with the departure from the labyrinthian mansion, survival-horror style of the previous games. But RE4 is just so…damn… fun.

I’m not gonna lie, the controls and camera/aiming really threw me for a loop at first and I had a panicked moment in the beginning where I thought this game was going to really suck. The first hour was pretty rough. But I adjusted pretty fast, and well, after that amazing opening sequence at the village the game had its hooks deep in me.

I can’t even put my finger on it exactly, but there’s just something really amazing about the setting and overall atmosphere that is so compelling right from the start. And of course the action is great. Make no mistake, RE4 is dated by modern standards, but when you consider the time period this came out in it’s easy to see why so many people consider it to be a timeless masterpiece. I heard they’re remaking RE4 for a more modern audience and I can’t wait to see how it turns out.

• Like 1