Cores

You can actually get those trophies in training mode. In case you didn't know, training mode allows you to spawn any enemy you have fought before. They won't attack or move at all.

Really? Huh, didn't know about getting it there... is it easier to do it that way though? I mean I know I'll be using training mode for the 999 hit combo for sure.

Really? Huh, didn't know about getting it there... is it easier to do it that way though? I mean I know I'll be using training mode for the 999 hit combo for sure.

It's a lot easier. I couldn't even do it on one of the last levels on hard. They would always run out of health before I could destroy the last core.

So how does it work in training mode? You can destroy the cores and they wont die?

They still die, but you can focus on just hitting the cores, since they won't move. I think the problem is that while fighting them, I ended up doing unnecessary damage by hitting other parts of the bosses.

I forgot to mention this earlier, but there is a certain way the cores must be destroyed, otherwise it is pretty much impossible. Each boss has six cores, one of which is unprotected, but takes much longer to destroy. (Kongo's tail, Daiitoku's mouth for example) Once destroyed, it will take out three other cores with it. So what you want to do is destroy two of their lower cores first (Kongo's and Gundari's legs, Daiitoku's and Gouzanze's back two legs) Then all you have to do is destroy their unprotected core (Kongo's and Gundari's tail, Daiitoku's and Gouzanze's mouth) and you will get the trophy.

They still die, but you can focus on just hitting the cores, since they won't move. I think the problem is that while fighting them, I ended up doing unnecessary damage by hitting other parts of the bosses.

I forgot to mention this earlier, but there is a certain way the cores must be destroyed, otherwise it is pretty much impossible. Each boss has six cores, one of which is unprotected, but takes much longer to destroy. (Kongo's tail, Daiitoku's mouth for example) Once destroyed, it will take out three other cores with it. So what you want to do is destroy two of their lower cores first (Kongo's and Gundari's legs, Daiitoku's and Gouzanze's back two legs) Then all you have to do is destroy their unprotected core (Kongo's and Gundari's tail, Daiitoku's and Gouzanze's mouth) and you will get the trophy.

Yeah, I was trying for that at times, but it's good to know at that anyway, so when I get to it, I shall keep that in mind for sure :D

I managed to destroy 5 cores (both shoulders, the legs, and the chest) during Story Mode on hard difficulty. I used Koharu with Manpukumaru as my Extar. Once you have 2 stocks, activate your second drive, and use her triangle special. This will destroy one core within 1-2 hits. The problem is that the higher level your character is, the faster the boss dies.

I had Rinka with Mono as my Extar for the story mission, managed to take the tiger down with cores destroyed.  I had to spam her ultimate twice... which helped out.  But for the others, might try them in practice mode... as I am only really working on Ranka as my main girl.

Oh I almost forgot, there's also Challenge Mode where the bosses are in their true form, and they have a lot more health.

Oh I almost forgot, there's also Challenge Mode where the bosses are in their true form, and they have a lot more health.

I'll keep that in mind.  I still have two more levels to finish, then to go back and SS Rank the ones I need for the True Ending before I focus on the other stuff.  But thanks for that in challenge mode, at least I know I can go there as well for them.  I only need the other three now xD

• 6 months later...

If I'm wanting the cores before I complete the main story, should I try them as on the trophy list appears?, I get the Daiitoku's core before I could get the one from Gouzanze (I always defeat her before I could cut the 2 rear legs and the mouth), as how appear,on the trophy list, If it's on that order, to wait until Gouzanze becomes the last one