Who wants to play Metal Gear Solid Series (2, 3, 4, PW, GZ, 5) Sign-Up

We'll start November 11th as we've got 9 right now I was hoping to hit the magic number of 10. Remember if you are halfway through you'll need to loop through again to actually get to the start point as otherwise I think you lose your save progress (I think I need to do that myself).

Sign me up Buu, and thanks for the message I completely missed this thread. I have all the games and am happy to start this week (Friday onwards). I am not going to commit to platinuming 2/3/4/ or PW but do want to play through them once to experience it. I would like to aim to platinum 5 though. Obviously this many games is a big time commitment so would be more than happy to see this carry on into next year.

Yeah, that'd be nice. We should all be able take our time and get the chance to normally play through all games to get the best experience. This will take a while so I also hope Buu decides to let it carry on into 2017. 

The platinum for 2 is ridiculous. You guys need to decide if we will be doing the Snake Tales though I just realised thats part of the content in 2 (I'm more than happ to do them), there's also the VR missions which add up to 300 in total. Some are a joke some are a complete pain and they have weird first person controls in parts from what I remember.

From what I understand 3 is a relatively easy platinum. Peacewalker requires S ranks, but with help anyone can achieve this, depending on my levels of free time, I'll be more than happy to help out on boss fights for S ranks as the Extra Ops has a lot of them (the 4 player ones), I have heard playing offline and unpatched the platinum is easier your call if you want to play the whole game solo.

MGS 4 take multiple playthroughs again and Im pretty sure one of the emblem requires you to basically leave your PS3 on for ages.

I have no clue about GZ (I don't think it has a plat) or 5 but as thats last I doubt people would be bothered about playing it through a lot.

An example of getting the Chicken Emblem:

Grand chicken run 

Emblems you will aquire 

chicken/bear/bee/tortaise/puma/giantpanda/crocodile/cow/pig/hog/hyena/lobster/inchworm/frog/scarab/gecko/rabbit/gibbon/ant/hawk/bluebird/eagle

number of alerts 150+ /   number of kills 500+ / number of continues 51 / gametime 35 hrs /  rations/noodles/regain 50+ /

combat high 10+  /  pick up 400+ items/weapons  / spend 2hrs 30 mins crouched /   spend 60 mins prone

jump or roll 200+ times /   roll to the side 100+ /  spend 1 hour clinging to a wall  /scan or inject 50+ soldiers/

read 100+ pages of playboy  /   hide in box or drum can for 60+ mins  /   peform 50+ holdups

peform 50+ searches  /   get praised bye my militia or rebel 25+ times  /     give 50+ rations/regain/noodles to milita or rebel soldiers

peform 150+ headshots   /  defeat 100+ enemies with cqc chokehold

All sounds good will be ready to start on the 11th.

I was going to suggest that an approximate amount of play time required for each checkpoint could be listed with each checkpoint. Obviously it would change check point to check point and would be skill dependent but just a rough idea as we go would be great so I know how much time I need to put in so I don't fall behind.

Edited by cjshaitan

• 2 weeks later...