Who wants to play Metal Gear Solid Series (2, 3, 4, PW, GZ, 5) Sign-Up

Does anyone know if in MGS 2 I can keep my existing dogtags and restart or do I have to finish that current run? If so how do I do that. I'm hoping I don't have to beat the game again before I can start my run with everyone.

No, you only "collect" the dog tags until you finish whatever segment you're on, which is why its so hard to get all the special item trophies, cuz you have to do extreme mode.

Sign me up,dude.

Sign me up please - I've been eagerly awaiting this for so long - I've already played MGS 2,3 and 4 once, but I'm more than happy to do another playthrough of these games to try and rack up some more trophies.

Unfortunately, I don't own Ground Zeroes or The Phantom Pain... yet.

Sign me up.  I'll most likely be getting all of the MGS games very soon :).

I might wait a couple more days and start on monday or wednesday next week to give time for a few more sign ups considering people inevitably drop out considering how many games we plan on doing probably better to get around 10 people, but i'm fine with our current number a couple more would be best though.

• Like 1

I'd like to join, I've been wanting to play the MGS series for a while, but never actually got around to getting the games. The soonest I can get them (or at least a few of them) is monday though. (And just to be sure you are starting with MGS 2 Sons of Liberty right?)

• Like 1

Yeah, I agree as well. That Velocity 2X We play...

Anyway, I have the games ready but I can still wait a couple more days :)

Lol yeah it was hardly our finest moment.

I'd like to join, I've been wanting to play the MGS series for a while, but never actually got around to getting the games. The soonest I can get them (or at least a few of them) is monday though. (And just to be sure you are starting with MGS 2 Sons of Liberty right?)

Yeah we will be, we can do PW before 4 if people want as I don't think storywise it would matter at all and that way you can just purchase the HD collection and be good to go for the 3 games straight. When we start I can give better estimates for a time frame.

Right I would like to make an official complaint. I am not happy with the title and will not participate until it reverts to 'We Play'!! HAHA!! Sign me up buddy!!

lol, good to have you joining man.

• Like 3

Yeah we will be, we can do PW before 4 if people want as I don't think storywise it would matter at all and that way you can just purchase the HD collection and be good to go for the 3 games straight. When we start I can give better estimates for a time frame.

I am getting the HD collection, but 4 is also only 5€ extra (used copy, which is kinda weird because a new one is still 30€ :blink:), so it doesn't really matter what order we do them in (I just hope I can get GZ and 5 in time). (and thanks for letting me join and the quick reply)

I wish everybody Good Luck!

I have 2,3,4 and GZ. Maybe I can join later on for 5 and PW. But we will see until then ;)

And enjoy Metal Gear ^_^

Between what about Rising: Revengeance?

This is an event for Metal Gear Solid, not Metal Gear :).
  • Like 2

I am getting the HD collection, but 4 is also only 5€ extra (used copy, which is kinda weird because a new one is still 30€ :blink:), so it doesn't really matter what order we do them in (I just hope I can get GZ and 5 in time). (and thanks for letting me join and the quick reply)

With the size of peacewalker we realistically wil not get around to GZ and 5 till after christmas. Doing first runs on 2 and 3 shouldn't take more than 2 weeks. Not sure how long 4 is comparatively all i remember are cutscenes were crazy long, but PW has a lot of missions if we even play to just beat every mission without even considering S ranks.

I am going on the presumption we are just working through them as a group as opposed to getting the plats? Just read the guide for 2 and it says you need 5 playthroughs!!!

Playing just to beat, I think for everyones sanity it would be sensible to just play 2 on and off if going for the plat, personally I think t he VR missions will be considerably harder as speed running the game doesn't take long when you know what you're doing.

I wish everybody Good Luck!

I have 2,3,4 and GZ. Maybe I can join later on for 5 and PW. But we will see until then ;)

And enjoy Metal Gear ^_^

Between what about Rising: Revengeance?

Sure that will be cool, I'll message when we start PW, not sure when that will be. Rising is a completely different style game so I personally don't think it makes sense for us to do it as part of this as its a spin off. If people want to do it after fair enough, but given the different playstyle I think it would break the flow if we did that before we finished this run of games.

Although now you reminded me about Vanquish which I remember saying I wanted to do ages ago.

• Like 1

Sure that will be cool, I'll message when we start PW, not sure when that will be. Rising is a completely different style game so I personally don't think it makes sense for us to do it as part of this as its a spin off. If people want to do it after fair enough, but given the different playstyle I think it would break the flow if we did that before we finished this run of games.

Although now you reminded me about Vanquish which I remember saying I wanted to do ages ago.

It could be just a bonus at the very end for all. Even if it doesn't suit to the Solid series, it is a great game to Metal Gear :)

And yea to Vanquish. I still need to complete it :D

By the way Buu, how about we tackle the games in chronological order. Things can get a bit confusing if we don't  :P

Honestly I've forgotten the ins and outs of most of the story at this point and not played GZ and 5 so I can't really comment. If people want to I guess we can but then you have to deal with steps backwards in gameplay might make them feel worse and more of a chore to get through. I remember lack of CQC in 2 sucks.

Honestly I've forgotten the ins and outs of most of the story at this point and not played GZ and 5 so I can't really comment. If people want to I guess we can but then you have to deal with steps backwards in gameplay might make them feel worse and more of a chore to get through. I remember lack of CQC in 2 sucks.

Well you got a point there. Hmm... :hmm:

Sign me up Buu, and thanks for the message I completely missed this thread. I have all the games and am happy to start this week (Friday onwards). I am not going to commit to platinuming 2/3/4/ or PW but do want to play through them once to experience it. I would like to aim to platinum 5 though. Obviously this many games is a big time commitment so would be more than happy to see this carry on into next year.

Edited by cjshaitan

Sign me up Buu, and thanks for the message I completely missed this thread. I have all the games and am happy to start this week (Friday onwards). I am not going to commit to platinuming 2/3/4/ or PW but do want to play through them once to experience it. I would like to aim to platinum 5 though. Obviously this many games is a big time commitment so would be more than happy to see this carry on into next year.

Yeah, that'd be nice. We should all be able take our time and get the chance to normally play through all games to get the best experience. This will take a while so I also hope Buu decides to let it carry on into 2017. 

Edited by LucasV9991