Any known fix to the Ofieri quest being glitched?

big_bob002

I have a few quests glitched but this one is directly tied to a trophy in Hearts of Stone.

The quest requires you to get 4 diagrams. I have the 3 from bandit camps but the first diagram the quest directs you to was not in the chest. This was a fairly common problem when the dlc released but the patch was supposed to fix it.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm bumping this up. I already got the trophy, but today while I was watching a friend play via Share Play, he couldn't get the diagram from the underground camp. The fact I got it leads me to believe it was patched but a later patch un-patched it or something. Or maybe I got it before it became buggy. Either way, I hope this issue gets fixed soon. I hadn't played the game in a while, but I was one that would frequently send in bug reports to the devs. Some they knew about, some they thanked me for finding. Guess I'll need to start playing again, get to that part and see if it's bugged for me. If it is, I'll be sending in another report...

Edited by Pirelli913

I'm bumping this up. I already got the trophy, but today while I was watching a friend play via Share Play, he couldn't get the diagram from the underground camp. The fact I got it leads me to believe it was patched but a later patch un-patched it or something. Or maybe I got it before it became buggy. Either way, I hope this issue gets fixed soon. I hadn't played the game in a while, but I was one that would frequently send in bug reports to the devs. Some they knew about, some they thanked me for finding. Guess I'll need to start playing again, get to that part and see if it's bugged for me. If it is, I'll be sending in another report...

I went so far as to check the CDPR forums. The moderators there are making it sound like it won't be patched.

The work around is to create a generic Geralt for just Hearts of Stone. That should make the diagram appear in the chest. That also means you have to do the quest for the blacksmith that can craft the armor.

Someone has been posting this workaround in the comments for videos about this quest on YouTube.

From what I gather it is pure luck if the chest is glitched or not.

I went so far as to check the CDPR forums. The moderators there are making it sound like it won't be patched.

The work around is to create a generic Geralt for just Hearts of Stone. That should make the diagram appear in the chest. That also means you have to do the quest for the blacksmith that can craft the armor.

Someone has been posting this workaround in the comments for videos about this quest on YouTube.

From what I gather it is pure luck if the chest is glitched or not.

I did this, starting a Hearts of Stone only game, takes a couple of hours but gets the job done.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Maybe a lil bit too late but the bug only appears for the first time if you play the game like this:
Install main game, beat it, and then install dlc. Then you have a buggy quest. On ng+ its okay tho.

If you install the main game + dlc and start the game, quest won't be bugged. Dunno why CDPR hasn't patched it but that's the workaround. Or as was mentioned earlier, start DLC and do the quest for trophy.

Regards

• Like 1