Problem trying to unlock some trophies?

andresauce7

Okay, so I’m new to Minecraft, first time ever playing it so any help with this, would be greatly appreciated. :D 

I don’t know what I'm doing wrong when trying to unlock some of the trophies, I joined my mate’s world and she already had her portal activated so we both entered it and killed Enderdragon however the trophies didn’t pop for me. :( 

She also gaves me 65 diamonds, so I threw them at her, but no trophy.  :S 

After that we decided to go for the trophies of the Expansion Pack 1, she built the beacon and I placed one block to finish it however no trophy again. :facepalm: 

And then she wanted to spawn the Wither so she built the T thing, I placed the last block and the Wither spawned, we killed it, but no trophies again. :blink: 

What am I doing wrong?  I think I've met the requirements to unlock the trophies, but they just won't unlock, or you just can't get them this way on the last update and you have to get them all on your own?

Thanks in advance  :) 

Did your friend do anything in that world using creative mode? If you do something in creative mode and switch to survival mode it'll make trophies unattainable in that world.

I think she might have switched to survival mode because some enemies appeared and started attacking us, could that be the cause of the problem?

So all we need to do to unlock the trophies  is to play on creative mode all the time in her world? because she has all the materials and stuff to build the beacon, and make spawn the Wither.

Thank you! :)

Did your friend unlock trophies?

I suspect this world has been put into creative mode at some point. I had videos for all the trophies on the forum somewhere if you're struggling.

Nope she didn't unlock any trophies either, I'm kinda confused how this works, but it's like you ONLY can play tutorial mode creative mode to unlock the trophies? survival will void them? and if you can provide me a link of those videos, it would be great!

I think she might have switched to survival mode because some enemies appeared and started attacking us, could that be the cause of the problem?

So all we need to do to unlock the trophies  is to play on creative mode all the time in her world? because she has all the materials and stuff to build the beacon, and make spawn the Wither.

Thank you! :)

Nope she didn't unlock any trophies either, I'm kinda confused how this works, but it's like you ONLY can play tutorial mode creative mode to unlock the trophies? survival will void them? and if you can provide me a link of those videos, it would be great!

Trophies are disabled in creative mode, it has to all be done in survival

You're probably playing on creative mode. Creative mode will not allow you to earn any trophies whatsoever. If you want to earn the trophies, you can only play survival mode.

ohhh thanks, I'm sure this must be the problem then, it seems like we started playing on creative mode and then she switched to survival but the trophies just wouldn't unlock cause we started the game on creative. Thank you!

Trophies are disabled in creative mode, it has to all be done in survival

Thanks, I'll be playing in survival mode from now on  :D

ohhh thanks, I'm sure this must be the problem then, it seems like we started playing on creative mode and then she switched to survival but the trophies just wouldn't unlock cause we started the game on creative. Thank you!

Thanks, I'll be playing in survival mode from now on  :D

If you want to save ender pearls trying to find the portal you can use a trick that i did where I made a 2nd world in creative using the same exact seed as my survival world and used the unlimited pearls to find the ender portal, then wrote down the coordinates

No. You can't earn trophies at all on creative mode. You can only earn trophies in survival mode and if you turn creative mode on at any time in the world, it will disable to ability to earn trophies on that world and you will have to make a new world with survival mode to earn trophies again.