Opinion on gameplay?

DuckSwimmer

I'm curious for those who've played this, what is your opinion on the game. I'm looking at some of the reviews online and they seem, eh. IGN doesn't have a review up for it so I'm not sure what to make of this game.

GameStop has a Black Friday sale on this so I do want to get it, but only if it seems like an alright game to get.

I like it, but it isn't easy. It's more centered around various competitions, with half pipe, park and free ride runs. Basically each run/comp has a series of 6 or so objectives and you need to unlock enough to open the next area. The controls are good and the trick mechanics feel nice ( better than Steep in my opinion - based in closed beta and current beta ). That being said I find the free ride in Steep to be simply fantastic and the feeling of sliding ( at least in snowboard ) to be better than any other snow game I have played.

Would probably recommend Infinity air if you were looking for more linear run based challange game and Steep for a more free ride general muck about game. At the end of the day though if you don't plan on picking up both I would probably recommend Steep.

• 1 year later...

pulling tricks is pretty hard, but rewarding when you do a big trick and nail it. I played it for a week and then got fed up with how you have to do x number of challenges before getting access to the next set of career events. To me, most fun thing was the snow parks with jumps and rails, and user made runs, boarding down a randomly generated mountain gets pretty boring after a while. I spent 7€ on this and and I had fun, but I'm glad I didn't pay 30€ for this