Foundation Update Announced

MesopithecusUK

I do want to play around with the base building, it's one aspect I love about ARK: Survival Evolved, so would be interested to see how the building mechanics work on NMS.

The videos make it look very fluid and intuitive. I might dip back in, but trophies would have made that much more likely. 

I may also wait for another update or two at this point. 

And they do deserve kudos for not charging for the update too. 

Wow, it's amazing how much of a difference a single patch can make. I'm more impressed by the graphics update than anything, it doesn't look like total booty every time it tries to load a new area. I think they changed up a lot of the creatures and environments too, lots of stuff I hadn't seen before! I just wish I had used the duplication exploit more when it was available so that the platinum won't be such a grind  :facepalm:

Wow, it's amazing how much of a difference a single patch can make. I'm more impressed by the graphics update than anything, it doesn't look like total booty every time it tries to load a new area. I think they changed up a lot of the creatures and environments too, lots of stuff I hadn't seen before! I just wish I had used the duplication exploit more when it was available so that the platinum won't be such a grind  :facepalm:

If it's not too much trouble, could you please post some screenshots/videos?

Also, materials should be stackable now so the grind should be less annoying.

If it's not too much trouble, could you please post some screenshots/videos?

Also, materials should be stackable now so the grind should be less annoying.

The stackable inventory is great, don't get me wrong, but i really would have liked to duplicate more warp cells and valuable items to earn the millions needed for new ships and the new space freighter.

I'll see if i can get some screens/video later on, but the website's update page gives a good idea of the 'temporal anti aliasing' graphic improvement (2/3 of the way down the page with a slider):

http://www.no-mans-sky.com/foundation-update/

• 2 weeks later...