Season 2 Info, Patchnotes, and more.

Welcome to Season 2 of Street Fighter V

Capcom has officially released the patchnotes and other changes for the Dec. 20 update that includes akuma and the re-balancing of the cast.

Check it out here http://www.capcom-unity.com/harrisony/blog/2016/12/19/welcome-to-season-2-of-street-fighter-v

....and share your thoughts!

HTML Version of the Patch notes way more friendlier http://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/adjust2017/en/1.html

Edited by Ramonachan
  • Like 2

I'm glad they gave us a 92 page patch note so we don't have to guess what changed.

I'm not a frame data guy so I don't really know how good or bad most of the changes are, but I glad they got rid of all those free invincible moves.

Edited by soultaker655

20 hours ago, soultaker655 said:

I'm glad they gave us a 92 page patch note so we don't have to guess what changed.

I'm not a frame data guy so I don't really know how good or bad most of the changes are, but I glad they got rid of all those free invincible moves.

They did a a friendlier HTML version, I'll link it in the OP

On 12/19/2016 at 9:52 PM, soultaker655 said:

They aren't gone, technically - they just aren't invincible on frame 1 anymore - I think invincibility kicks in on frame 3 or 4 for them now? Something like that. They still have invincibility, just not for the entire startup. EXs are still invincible on frame 1. Meaning that you have to burn meter for a fully invincible reversal.

What it means is that meaties now work the way they're supposed to when timed properly, and DPs can get stuffed on wakeup instead of basically being a get out of jail free card. That's what the change was mostly about - as well as getting rid of the unfair advantage those characters had over the newer DLC cast that didn't have them.

Generally speaking, that change is really only going to affect the high level play. The people who know every frame of their character's attacks. If you don't know how to meaty, the DP change won't really be noticed. The best way to deal with them is still to just block/dodge and then punish with a Crush Counter.

It's just that now you have one more option to deal with them.