The Great Escape trophy

ThiophenSJ

I trained that part over and over until I finally managed to get through without hitting a gear, and then no trophy...

Do I have to manage that part basically on first try, since hitting a gear and dying to restart doesn't seem to count?

And if so, do I always have to repeat the endboss battles over and over again?

8 minutes ago, ShadowStefan said:

I trained that part over and over until I finally managed to get through without hitting a gear, and then no trophy...

Do I have to manage that part basically on first try, since hitting a gear and dying to restart doesn't seem to count?

And if so, do I always have to repeat the endboss battles over and over again?

Seems like you have to do it on first try. I also had to do it several times (especially the part where two gears are right behing each other) and after making it through to the end it didn't pop, although I haven't touched any of the gears.

After that I replayed the boss fights and did it make it down the slide on my first try and the trophy popped.

1 hour ago, Crimson Idol said:

Seems like you have to do it on first try. I also had to do it several times (especially the part where two gears are right behing each other) and after making it through to the end it didn't pop, although I haven't touched any of the gears.

After that I replayed the boss fights and did it make it down the slide on my first try and the trophy popped.

Okay, then I'll retry it after my speedruns. :P Thank you again for doing the Giveaway, the game is great! :D

To anyone having trouble with this trophy an easy way to get this is to get all 10 keys to unlock all the doors for the concept art. You would probably have all this before the final boss if your going for the completionist trophy. Then talk to the mayor for a tiara which gives you infinite magic. Simply do the final boss again and when you get to the great escape, jump and turn on your invincibility bubble. You will now simply ignore all the gears and slide right pass them making this a very easy trophy. Seeing how alot of trophy hunters are going for 100% already i highly recommend using this method to make it much easier on yourself.

Edited by Fur_0

13 hours ago, Fur_0 said:

To anyone having trouble with this trophy an easy way to get this is to get all 10 keys to unlock all the doors for the concept art. You would probably have all this before the final boss if your going for the completionist trophy. Then talk to the mayor for a tiara which gives you infinite magic. Simply do the final boss again and when you get to the great escape, jump and turn on your invincibility bubble. You will now simply ignore all the gears and slide right pass them making this a very easy trophy. Seeing how alot of trophy hunters are going for 100% already i highly recommend using this method to make it much easier on yourself.

What, this works?! I thought about using the invincibility bubble, but I thought I couldn't activate it on the slide. Gotta test that immediately. :D

EDIT: Yep, redid the final bosses, immediately used Bubble on the slide and trophy popped. Thanks. :)

Edited by ShadowStefan

12 hours ago, Fur_0 said:

But this only seems to work when going for it the first time. Because the first time I made it I actually used the bubble and it didn't pop. :\

On 12/22/2016 at 5:05 PM, Fur_0 said:

Or have the fully upgraded flamethrower. And while in the air, press and hold the circle button. That way, you won't have to worry about the gears or the bottomless pits.

I'm still salty about this stupid trophy on PS4. Tried so many times to do it without hitting gears, to finally succeed and not get the trophy was such a slap in the face. My fiance was there the entire time rooting me on too. So he shared in my disappointment.

Got it first try on Vita though. Given the tips here, I'll just try to cheese through it on PS4.