Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot... Singleplayer?

kels_77

Hello! :)

I'm looking to grab all the trophies for Borderlands DLC Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot the only issue is that I'm playing in singleplayer. 

So my question is, is it possible to beat the larger challenges in singleplayer? If it is possible, what level would you suggest I get to before attempting the larger challenges? I've read in multiple places that it's incredibly difficult when attempting in singleplayer, and wasn't sure if I should just try to get another person to go through the challenges with me or at least give it a try in singleplayer.

Any advice I'm given on this topic will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you! :)

Edited by kels_77

The more players you play with, the stronger the enemies are going to get. If you want to make it easy on yourself, use a second controller and go start up split-screen. Make a new character player 1, your main player 2, that way you'll be able to 1 shot every enemy since the game will balance it around your low level character. Even with this, it will still take several hours to get through the repetitive DLC.

Okay! I'll definitely give that a try. Starting up a second controller was how I got the Co-Op trophies in this game, but knowing it balances out character levels with the enemies in the Underdome DLC is really helpful! 

Thank you so much for your help! :) I really, really appreciate it. :) 

That was the way I finally had to do it. Trying it solo I could only make it through the 2nd and sometimes to the 3rd round before getting beat.

One thing to watch out for is that the lower enemies, even with a higher level character are still capable of beating you. They don't seem to suffer from the same penalty as the player when fighting someone higher than they are. This is especially true if you have bad luck and end up with the slot that removes your shield or speeds up the enemies.

Thank you! I definitely didn't want to just try it on singleplayer and it be a complete waste of my time, or I completely fail. 

I really hope I don't get those slots, that would be terrible, but I am known to have bad luck, so... >.< 

Thank you for your advice! I really appreciate it! :)

Yep, this is your best bet, what you've already been advised.  I'll emphasize a "new" character and not one you may have leveled up for other trophies, meaning it should be level 1, as the enemies are based on the lowest character when balancing occurs.  Also, I wouldn't try this before your main is at least maximum level 50, or higher if you have the DLC allowing so.

Thank you for the advice! :)

I figured it would be best to at least try and beat the main quest line, or at least getting CLOSE to beating it, before giving this a shot, that why I've got a pretty decent level. Also may try to do the other DLC beforehand. 

I'll definitely remember to have to first player be Level 1, so I can do this correctly.

Thank you for your help! It is much appreciated! :D