Confused about informants

TragicKingdom50

Ok so I don't understand how informants work. I did the informant mission with the Haitians near the beginning but I haven't seen anything to do with them since. Do they appear as objectives on the map? (and what does that icon look like)? Because my map is mostly blank. How do you know if you've cleared them all? I'm worried my game might be glitched because I don't see anyone else having problems with this. Thanks for the help

Edited by TragicKingdom50

Just now, TragicKingdom50 said:

Thanks but what do they looks like on the map? My whole map is always empty except for the next objective 

Racketeer informants look like a big colored "i" on the map. Since you did the Haitian mission you should be coming up on another tutorial bit where it shows them and what to do.

Just now, Redgrave said:

Racketeer informants look like a big colored "i" on the map. Since you did the Haitian mission you should be coming up on another tutorial bit where it shows them and what to do.

Hmmm ok, I'm about to start the first racket boss and it says all the other objectives will be removed if I continue. Should I have encountered informants by now? I'm worried about continuing 

1 minute ago, TragicKingdom50 said:

Hmmm ok, I'm about to start the first racket boss and it says all the other objectives will be removed if I continue. Should I have encountered informants by now? I'm worried about continuing 

You should be fine. It just tells you that for when there are actually other informants and stuff on the map. Because later on you will have the option to go after the informants and the other guys (I forget what they are called but they are like the bosses underlings or something) and you can skip the informants if you want to.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TragicKingdom50 said:

Thanks but what do they looks like on the map? My whole map is always empty except for the next objective. There's no icons for anything which seems weird for an open world game like this

Could you have maybe turned off the map icons somewhere in the settings by accidents? I haven't played this game yet so I am not sure if that is even an option but they do let you do that in most open-world games.