Dead Space Save Issue

SolidJD

So I started Dead Space in March 2015 but since then I did not really play it (can't remember the reason). Anyway, I recently wanted to get through it and finish the game. I loaded up my PS3 and loaded up Dead Space but the game said I didn't have any games saves.... I am 4 chapters in, which granted is not that far into the game but I didn't wanna start again.

I checked my save files and it stated my file was there and it confirmed I was on chapter 5 etc... 

Tried again and still no dice. I decided to delete the save off my console and download the game save from the cloud as it was the same one. This didn't work either. 

Has anyone had this issue before with either Dead Space or another game? Did you fix it and if yes, how so? 

Any help is appreciated thanks :)

11 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

Are you using the same version of Dead Space? The only thing I can think of is you either initially had the digital or disc version and are now using the opposite version and the save isn't being recognised by the new version.

Now that you mention it, back in 2015 I had the disc and I recently got Dead Space 1 and 2 on digital as it was on the PSN sale... 

Is there anyway for the save to work with the digital version? If not I will have to get my disc copy back out I am guessing? 

If I can't find my original disc I presume any disc copy will work with my game save? 

Edited by SolidJD
spelling error

8 minutes ago, SolidJD said:

Now that you mention it, back in 2015 I had the disc and I recently got Dead Space 1 and 2 on digital as it was on the PSN sale... 

Is there anyway for the save to work with the digital version? If not I will have to get my disc copy back out I am guessing? 

If I can't find my original disc I presume any disc copy will work with my game save? 

There might be a way, but just maybe, and it would be kinda shady... Not even sure it's allowed to discuss here! ;p

(PM me, and I could maybe help you since it's just to use your progress for the same game with the same trophy list)

Edited by MMDE

5 minutes ago, SolidJD said:

If the copy is the save version of the previous or is compatible, yes. Some GOTY versions doesn't read vanilla saves.

7 minutes ago, SolidJD said:

I doubt there is any way to get the digital version to recognise the save from the disc version, some games are just programmed that way. If you are going to search out a disc copy of the game then I would make sure it's from the same region that you had before. The chances are if you had an EU/UK copy and then find and try a NA/US copy then the save might not be recognised there too.

Edited by Stevieboy
  • Like 2

I will try and get my disc copy. Hopefully still got it, if not, I will buy another copy (can get them for around £2.50) which isn't a big deal. 

I really could restart but I just don't want to :facepalm: Hopefully be able to get this game boxed off soon and then can do Dead Space 2 which is my favourite out of all three.