Trophy Cleanup [Sticky Fingers & Tycoon]

glamandgore13

Hey, i've been spending at least 5 hrs grinding the Wise Owl Forest and Divine Beast Cave (later portion after Xiao is acquired) for both of these trophies.

I'm looking for the large boxes and keep getting trash and none of my random circle buffs (the blue ones on the floors) are rolling the increase funds buff.

I can't do the old gaffer trick because I made him break his back, am I better off starting a second save and do the broken dagger glitch?

Is there any attainable build-ups between Ruby or Xiao with the steal ability that I can better guarantee the Sticky Fingers trophy?

Sticky Fingers:  One of Xiao's base weapons is the Bandit Slingshot, and it's supposed to be findable in the early floors of the Wise Owl Forest.  One of Ruby's base weapons is the Bandit Ring.  It's probably found in the Shipwreck.  Supposedly, you've got a better chance of finding a particular character's weapons in a Limited Floor where they're the only permissable character, so you might try those.

Tycoon:  Have you tried triggering cash increases with the glowing circles randomly found on the ground in some dungeons?  When you get a gold boost, it roughly doubles your cash.... so you might try doing that while carrying lots of money.

On 1/8/2017 at 8:24 PM, acasser said:

Sticky Fingers:  One of Xiao's base weapons is the Bandit Slingshot, and it's supposed to be findable in the early floors of the Wise Owl Forest.  One of Ruby's base weapons is the Bandit Ring.  It's probably found in the Shipwreck.  Supposedly, you've got a better chance of finding a particular character's weapons in a Limited Floor where they're the only permissable character, so you might try those.

Tycoon:  Have you tried triggering cash increases with the glowing circles randomly found on the ground in some dungeons?  When you get a gold boost, it roughly doubles your cash.... so you might try doing that while carrying lots of money.

thanks acasser for the assist.

Sticky Fingers: been farming the first for floors with no avail, is there any weapon attained through build ups?

Tycoon: yea, i have 47k banked and waiting for a boost to come across but probably only seen one my entire playthrough. the rng gods are not in my favor

11 hours ago, glamandgore13 said:

Sticky Fingers: been farming the first for floors with no avail, is there any weapon attained through build ups?

No.  The only two weapons that come with Steal are "starter" weapons at the bottom of a weapons tree.  There's no evolution that will turn those weapons into what you want.

• 3 months later...

I was stuck on Sticky Fingers for quite some time. I farmed the hell out of Floors 9-14 of the Cave and 1-8 of the Forest, with no luck. I got over 1500 kills on those floors, 30 Toan swords, and 6 other slingshots before it finally dropped for me. At that point, I had already gotten the Angel Gear, the best slingshot, before I even finished the Moon. That's how long it took. I also developed an extreme hatred for clowns.

"Oh hey, a big chest!"

"No weapon for you, have a bottle of water."

I never knew how powerful those blue circles could be. I was nearing the end of the game, and having avoided the circles because of the permanent negative effects to the weapons I got near the start of the game, I thought I'd try walking into them one last time. Found a room with two, ran through both, both of them increased my funds, and I went from ~13k gold to max (~65.5k). Goddamn. I had already gotten the Tycoon trophy, mostly because of the farming I did for the Bandit Slingshot, but still.

Edited by Azardea

• 3 years later...

The broken dagger glitch doesn't work for the Tycoon Trophy in the EU version. The circles are tricky because they can reduce your funds instead of increasing them and there is no way to save in the dungeon.

EDIT : For the Tycoon trophy visit Floor 4 in the Wise Owl forest and use the circles. The circles in that floor will always increase funds. (I doubled checked in my playthrough i visited the floor 3 times and 3 times i got increased funds)

Make sure to exit after the increase and save-then go back to floor 4 and repeat. You will soon have around 64k+ and you can build your way up after that.

Edited by TakemetoNarnia4

• 3 years later...
On 1/6/2021 at 6:36 AM, TakemetoNarnia4 said:

The broken dagger glitch doesn't work for the Tycoon Trophy in the EU version. The circles are tricky because they can reduce your funds instead of increasing them and there is no way to save in the dungeon.

EDIT : For the Tycoon trophy visit Floor 4 in the Wise Owl forest and use the circles. The circles in that floor will always increase funds. (I doubled checked in my playthrough i visited the floor 3 times and 3 times i got increased funds)

Make sure to exit after the increase and save-then go back to floor 4 and repeat. You will soon have around 64k+ and you can build your way up after that.

Hi, wanted to clear up that at least in the NTSC version of the game Floor 4 of Wise Owl Forest does not always give increase funds on the floor circles. Just ran it 3 times got no circles twice then a WHp refill for a circle.