Have posse, will travel

SitusKiss

I'm having a bit of trouble unlocking "Have posse, will travel" where you must "Complete all Co-Op missions." from the Outlaws to the End DLC. I went through all 6 missions what seemed like 1-3 times each in the same session and scored Gold on all of them. No trophy :( Also no "Struck Gold" trophy either. Anybody have any idea what I did, or am doing, wrong?

Is there a place to check your progress? I remember earning a bunch of challenges or something similar at the end of each mission for things like Killstreak I, II, III and Time Attack I, II, III etc... maybe those would give an indication? I'll check my journal tonight to see what else I can dig up too I suppose.

I have completed and vividly remember doing each of these Saturday night:

The Escape

You start off shooting up a small group and stealing a wagon full of Gold. You then drive it to an outpost where you are given horses to ride off to a town and then back finishing up with a stand-off.

The Kidnapped Girl

Fort Mercer where you take out the 1st wave, blow open the doors, take out a 2nd wave and finally a 3rd wave in the far back section of the fort. The girl shows up on the roof and you have to take her (in the stage coach) to a ranch/town where you must then fight off a huge attack.

The Herd

Annoying mission where you start off in Pike's Basin. After clearing out the riff-raff here, you guide the cattle to a ranch fending off several waves of attackers riding in on horseback along the way.

The River

Riding the raft you take out a bunch of small waves on shore and other rafts, you dock and clear a town-like area and repeat this a few more times.

Ammunition

You start off in the middle of Tesoro Azul where you are getting bombarded with cannon fire. You must clear out the attackers, transport explosives up the hill and take out all the artillery.

Walton's Gold

Mining Camp mission similar to the Gang Hideout (same location) where you clear the outside area, enter the mine and clear it out, load up bags of gold and push the cart out of the mine.

Okay... so as soon as I logged in last night, the "Have Posse, will travel" trophy popped up. I looked through my Journal and didn't see any references to "The River" so I hopped in a co-op mission group. Fortunately, there was only 1 other person and they helped me skip to The River. We completed it, got Gold, and I got the 2 trophies to go with it ("Struck Gold" and "2 guys, 1 coop"). :D Very weird but, i'm glad it all worked out.

It's typical isn't it. You post a help request thread then it all works out. Glad that's sorted. I have RDR free from plus but have no intention of playing it on my main account.

May I ask why? The game is absolutely fantastic! I forgot just how great it was until I recently started going through the DLCs. You can pick up a used GotY edition for under $20 that has all the DLC and Undead Nightmare included.

Simply because I'm just not into westerns. Plus, as a trophy completionist, I don't want to go through all the dlc and multiplayer stuff that 100% would require. If I do play it, it'll be on my alt account. Then, if I enjoy it, I may change my mind.... but I doubt it.

Roger that. I don't blame you... i'm the same way nowadays. If you ever decide to go for it (primary or alternate) and need a posse member, let me know :D We have a bit of a time zone difference so we'd probably limited to Weekends though.

Simply because I'm just not into westerns. Plus, as a trophy completionist, I don't want to go through all the dlc and multiplayer stuff that 100% would require. If I do play it, it'll be on my alt account. Then, if I enjoy it, I may change my mind.... but I doubt it.

The only truly hard to get trophies for 100% are Kingpin and Poker Ace and that's because of the amount of people needed. I enjoyed the western feel and had fun with the game. It's starts off slow if you ever do play it, but it does get a lot better.

@bmj, don't use dynamite on the advanced co-op missions. I can't remember the specifics, but it messes with your score and prevents you from getting gold on some maps (The River). :angry:

On The Herd have one person in front of the herd and another behind the herd while the other two do all the killing. Have the person in front of the herd stop at the "Hanging Rock" right before you reach the end and all the other players rack up kills for a few minutes to run the score up before you finish. The enemy AI will infinite spawn here and you'll need the points because this map is so short.

• Like 1

The only truly hard to get trophies for 100% are Kingpin and Poker Ace and that's because of the amount of people needed. I enjoyed the western feel and had fun with the game. It's starts off slow if you ever do play it, but it does get a lot better.

@bmj, don't use dynamite on the advanced co-op missions. I can't remember the specifics, but it messes with your score and prevents you from getting gold on some maps (The River). :angry:

On The Herd have one person in front of the herd and another behind the herd while the other two do all the killing. Have the person in front of the herd stop at the "Hanging Rock" right before you reach the end and all the other players rack up kills for a few minutes to run the score up before you finish. The enemy AI will infinite spawn here and you'll need the points because this map is so short.

Thanks for the tips Rowdi :D:highfive: