Help please. Windows 10

Pyro

Long story short, I decided to buy a new PC 3 days ago as my old one broke. Now having bought my new PC I rang tech support about how slow it is. Then the shop I purchased it from asking for a solution whether to have an exchange or refund.

I decided to factory reset everything so it's clean and none of my files and programmes are on there. During the "Resetting this PC" phase, it is stuck at 21% for 3hrs now. Is that normal because I know it said it can take several hours to complete.

Edited by Pyro

1 hour ago, Pyro said:

Long story short, I decided to buy a new PC 3 days ago as my old one broke. Now having bought my new PC I rang tech support about how slow it is. Then the shop I purchased it from asking for a solution whether to have an exchange or refund.

I decided to factory reset everything so it's clean and none of my files and programmes are on there. During the "Resetting this PC" phase, it is stuck at 21% for 3hrs now. Is that normal because I know it said it can take several hours to complete.

Did you get a SSD or a HDD? Put in a SSD if you don't already have one, that should speed things up significantly. If you have a SSD and it's still slow, either you expect things absurdly fast or the SSD isn't performing. I say do whatever you can to return the PC and get one from somewhere else. You shouldn't have to mess with a new PC 3 days in. 

• Like 1

Resetting a PC, as in Factory reset, can take awhile. Systems will seem to hang at times. It's not a fast fix.

Slowness and speed have to do with hard drive space, but more with Processor and Memory to make a computer feel snappy. One thing on a new PC you'll have is UPDATES and you might not know your computer is downloading/updating. Starting fresh you'll need to adjust Windows Updates to work for YOU.

• Like 1

It's all sorted now, I did had other problems prior to the main one I posted earlier, slow performance, display acting odd even though it could not have been my new monitor or leads which I double checked, and having rang the technician and explained what had happened. He also said that it could be a fault in hardware which created a reboot loops having tried to reset the PC to get a replacement. I did take it back to the shop and explained the problem which they understood and giving bit more money to a overall better PC, the day has ended well.

Thanks for your replies and trying to help though all.

• Like 1