Reaper Form

DrakeHellsing

A curious thing, I have the form now, have yet to give it a go... but how does one fill the bar back up again after using it? I ask as I read up on the form and it says about reaper energy or something like that.  The game didn't really explain it all that well, so I figure I'd ask about it here and how it works.

17 minutes ago, NightRusticDawn said:

You get Reaper energy when you level up or kill things, you can get stats i.e Reaper Energy on Execute which can be helpful, depending on what talents you pick of course.

By casually playing the game you will get Reaper form frequently so you don't have to worry about it.

Hopefully that's the case, I assume killing in general? Or with the main weapons? Either way, that's still good to hear, hopefully it can make fights easier as well (using it when I need to).

6 hours ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Hopefully that's the case, I assume killing in general? Or with the main weapons? Either way, that's still good to hear, hopefully it can make fights easier as well (using it when I need to).

Pretty sure it is the :circle: execute kills that give reaper energy. There are also gear that gives you reaper energy upon kill or critical hit.

Edited by skateak

17 hours ago, skateak said:

Pretty sure it is the :circle: execute kills that give reaper energy. There are also gear that gives you reaper energy upon kill or critical hit.

Going to be a bit more detailed with my response here:

There is a lot of things in the game that give you reaper energy without having the need to execute them, done 11 playthroughs of this game + DLC content over multiple consoles.

There is level 7 scythes you can find early in the game that is legendary, every playthrough have them but they have randomized stats; if you are lucky it can be either Health on Hit, Health on Crit or Reaper energy on Crit. There is no specific location for this as when you get to level 5, there is a hard coded trigger to award you one, if you keep opening chests at that level.

(I find them most of the time in the break all pottery secret, in dungeons.) You can miss out on it if you level up quickly, then the next hard coded trigger will be level 9 instead and so forth every 4th level.

To go a bit in-depth the best abilities you can use is Harvest + Crows, you will constantly shred everything in the game and especially the Crucible content as it gives you reaper energy constantly and destroys large groups quickly. 1V1 combat should never be an issue for anyone anyway so it's always better to have things to deal with large numbers. Crows when fully upgraded will fill your reaper bar to full if you have around 200+ Arcane, Harvest will do the same if around 300+ Strength.

Fastest way to platinum is to have a "stat-stick" use the secondary weapon as a buff for your stats rather then damage, i.e put Arcane, Arcane Crit, Strength, Armor, Health ect. On your Axe or Pole arm rather then damage so you can optimize DPS.

Reaper form on it's own is better to use for survival rather then damage, it's best used in situations where you can ignore taking damage but keep slashing away for instance when bosses uses charge up auras that damage on contact, that's a good spot as you can still hurt it but it can't hurt you. situations like this are not common so you can have your reaper form available when you are about to die.

Hope this response was a bit better.