Will 2017 Finally Be The Year? (For games)

Crzy Minus

Update: When so many great games have come out with high praise already, and Mass Effect Andromeda ain't one of them. Doesn't just make me glad but it's also proof that 2017 is going on the right path of becoming that successful year for games as I mentioned. Without a doubt, so far we've got:

Resident Evil 7

Yakuza 0

Nioh

Horizon Zero Dawn

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild

NieR: Automata

Persona 5

Which all got critical acclaimed, including other great additions like:

Gravity Rush 2

Tales of Berseria

Kingdom Hearts 2.8

and etc.

And keep in mind it's just April, we still got stuff like Prey, Red Dead Redemption 2, Super Mario Odyssey, and more coming out.

Edited by Crzy Minus

• 4 weeks later...

The games that interest me and that would really make 2017 great if they are released this year are FFVII, FFXII Zodiac Age, Kingdom Hearts 3, and the Crash Bandicoot Trilogy which would all be on my to-buy list. 

Otherwise, there were plenty of great games released this year, such as Persona 5, KH2.8, KH1.5+2.5, Nier Automata etc. I also found that 2015 and 2016 were pretty good as well though with the KH remakes, FFXV, pokemon games etc. 

On 2017-2-20 at 0:27 PM, BillyHorrible said:

2017 wins though on account of Switch, Zelda, Mario, Fractured Butthole, Yooka-Laylee, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Snipperclips, and more. But the other years were not bad by a long shot.

On 2017-2-20 at 0:31 PM, StrickenBiged said:

You haven't played any of these. A bit early to declare victory, don't you think?

Four out of seven as of today (started on HZD) and yeah, I'm declaring victory because of these and other games.

Again, my original post was more about how much more games 2017 had that made me actively excited before release, but still - I've played a lot of awesome 2017 games and the end is not yet in sight.

Again, last few years were not bad by a long shot, but not as great as 2017 is for me.

• Like 1